Cromer’s message in a bottle
A very special message in a bottle has been delivered to Cromer's lifeboat crew.
Members of the King's Lynn 54 Round Table have delivered an 'SOS' message in a giant bottle to Cromer lifeboat station as part of an epic relay challenge that aims to cover all 235 RNLI lifeboat stations across the UK and Republic of Ireland.
The message calls for the local community to support RNLI SOS Day, which took place on Friday, January 28 this year, and is the charity's biggest day of fundraising.
The RNLI SOS bottle is being passed from station to station by round table members covering some 7,000 miles in 114 days and they will be fundraising for the RNLI along the way.
Tammy Allgood, RNLI senior community fundraising manager, said: 'We are very grateful to the support of the Round Table and we were delighted that the Cromer crew were able to participate in this nationwide activity. The RNLI depends on donations so the Round Table's fundraising is vital in providing us with much-needed funds.'
You may also want to watch:
The RNLI is the Round Table's presidential charity of the year and was chosen by John Kilshaw, the president of the National Association of Round Tables of Great Britain and Ireland.
The fundraising target for the year is �150,000 with all funds raised going towards RNLI volunteer crew training at stations across the UK and ROI.
- 1 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 4 Stunning north Norfolk images shared to mark Norfolk Day
- 5 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 6 Norfolk inspires designs for £4.8m cancer centre, as opening day nears
- 7 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 8 Inquest opens into death of teenager found in his home
- 9 Town council move to ban plastic crab lines from Cromer Pier
- 10 Classic Ibiza setlist for Blickling Estate revealed
The relay started at the Round Table headquarters in Birmingham on January 14 and will end on May 6 in Blackpool.
To support the Round Table Relay Challenge in aid of RNLI SOS, donations can be made at: www.uk.virginmoneygiving.com/TheRNLIRelayChallenge.