Cromer roadworks likely to be cancelled due to rain
- Credit: Archant
Works to resurface the main road through Cromer have been delayed yet again due to wet weather.
Works from Norfolk County Council and contractors were due to resurface Church Street from the Overstrand Road junction to Mount Street today (Sunday, March 10).
And although the works team travelled to the site this morning, heavy rain meant they were unable to get on with the job.
A worker at the scene said just before 8am said it was 'not looking very positive' and the teams later left the scene.
The project, initially estimated to cost £35,000, was originally down for Sunday, January 27, but rain forced it to be cancelled then as well.
You may also want to watch:
The council said during the resurfacing works Church Street would have to be closed to all through traffic. A signed diversion route via A149 Crossdale Street, A140 Roughton, B1436 Fellbrigg and A148 Cromer croads would be in operation between 7am and 7pm - but the road is open to traffic as normal.
- 1 The Original Factory Shop to open new site in north Norfolk
- 2 'Power buyers' help pump up north Norfolk housing market to new heights
- 3 Amazing aerial shots show scale of shipwreck
- 4 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 5 Foodbank changes name to reflect increased demand
- 6 Beavers hard at work transforming chalk stream after Norfolk introduction
- 7 See inside this converted Victorian school on sale for £650,000
- 8 Have your say on bid to improve North Walsham town centre
- 9 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 10 Locations revealed for Norfolk's new £500k art trail