Cromer roadworks likely to be cancelled due to rain
- Credit: Archant
Works to resurface the main road through Cromer have been delayed yet again due to wet weather.
Works from Norfolk County Council and contractors were due to resurface Church Street from the Overstrand Road junction to Mount Street today (Sunday, March 10).
And although the works team travelled to the site this morning, heavy rain meant they were unable to get on with the job.
A worker at the scene said just before 8am said it was 'not looking very positive' and the teams later left the scene.
The project, initially estimated to cost £35,000, was originally down for Sunday, January 27, but rain forced it to be cancelled then as well.
You may also want to watch:
The council said during the resurfacing works Church Street would have to be closed to all through traffic. A signed diversion route via A149 Crossdale Street, A140 Roughton, B1436 Fellbrigg and A148 Cromer croads would be in operation between 7am and 7pm - but the road is open to traffic as normal.
- 1 Joy as town's beer and gin festival set to return
- 2 Cafe reveals exciting revamp as town gets ready to reopen
- 3 Shock as public toilets torched FOUR times
- 4 'Why north Norfolk will bounce back'
- 5 WATCH: Demolition of landmark seaside hotel
- 6 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 7 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 8 Canal restoration resumes as lockdown winds up
- 9 Old railway sign to go under the hammer
- 10 New Sunday market to feature street food, music and crafters