Cromer’s roads and pavements facing raft of repair works
Roads and pavements around Cromer are to be subject to disruptions while a range of repair works take place.
A statement released by Cromer Town Council said Overstrand Road, Roughton Road and Norwich Road were among the thoroughfares up for repair work this week (starting today - Monday, January 22).
The council said works in Norwich Road would take place near the junior school and chicane, saying: 'It is hoped repairs to both road and pavement surfaces will take place between January 22-24. Minor disruption is possible when traffic is manually controlled.'
Work will continue on Macdonald Road's pavements until about January 26.
The council said: 'It is also hoped that surface repairs will be undertaken on pavements on Bailey Road, Beach Road, Cliff Road and Lynewood Road during the week.
'Minimal disruption should occur during these repairs, but traffic may be manually controlled for short periods of time using stop/go boards.
'Contractors and operatives will do their best to assist residents with access.'
- 1 Bid to change use of north Norfolk B&B to residential home
- 2 Bid to open glampsite in north Norfolk meadow
- 3 War-time bomb lay dormant for 80 years before exploding under fishing boat
- 4 5 TV shows and films shot in Norfolk getting released in 2022
- 5 Dog bans could be extended at north Norfolk parks
- 6 Siberian dogs are finding new Norfolk homes thanks to three animal lovers
- 7 A year on: Tributes to teacher who died following tumour diagnosis
- 8 'A great escape' - How a Norfolk webcam helped a Canadian couple endure lockdown
- 9 Security fears raised over Badersfield asylum seeker plan
- 10 Free trees on offer at country park event
The council said there would possibly be a one-way traffic light system in place in Overstrand Road, near Hanover Court, for Anglia Water works, until January 24, although these lights could be removed sooner.
Traffic lights will be in place in Mill Road, opposite Cabbell Park and the new GP surgery - January 22-26 to facilitate a new sewer connection.
Lights will also be in Roughton Road, opposite Alexander Road and Brownshill today and tomorrow for pavement surfacing at the new Park View housing development.
Elsewhere, less disruptive utility works will take place or continue at Brownshill, Hillside, Cliff Drive and Sandy Lane until about January 24.