Cromer rescue team seeks recruits
Cromer's coastguard rescue team has three vacancies and is looking to recruit local people to fill them.
The team is part of the emergency services, involved in search and rescue operations at sea and around the coast.
Rescue teams, made up of volunteers, are provided with search and rescue equipment, protective clothing and uniform, and are trained to a very high level in a wide range of skills including search techniques, first aid, communications, leadership, and driving 4x4 vehicles.
Applicants should be reasonable fit, at least 18 years old, with a full driving licence, live within four miles of the Cromer base at Middlebrook Way and be able to respond to emergency calls at any time.
They need permission from employers to attend emergency incidents.
You may also want to watch:
Contact station officer Dave Stow on 01263 513895 or 07909 221465 for more information or visit www.mcga.gov.uk or www.cromercoastguard.co.uk
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Several burst mains in town leave homes without water
- 3 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 4 Chef Galton Blackiston closes fish and chip shop during week
- 5 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 6 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 7 Sport and TV stars heading to Norfolk for new festival
- 8 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 9 Hundreds of homes across Norfolk hit by power cut
- 10 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland