Cromer rescue team seeks recruits
Cromer's coastguard rescue team has three vacancies and is looking to recruit local people to fill them.
The team is part of the emergency services, involved in search and rescue operations at sea and around the coast.
Rescue teams, made up of volunteers, are provided with search and rescue equipment, protective clothing and uniform, and are trained to a very high level in a wide range of skills including search techniques, first aid, communications, leadership, and driving 4x4 vehicles.
Applicants should be reasonable fit, at least 18 years old, with a full driving licence, live within four miles of the Cromer base at Middlebrook Way and be able to respond to emergency calls at any time.
They need permission from employers to attend emergency incidents.
You may also want to watch:
Contact station officer Dave Stow on 01263 513895 or 07909 221465 for more information or visit www.mcga.gov.uk or www.cromercoastguard.co.uk
- 1 Hotel in north Norfolk named one of the best in the UK
- 2 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler
- 3 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 4 'She shouted for 90 minutes': Councillor guilty of harassing railway staff
- 5 Car overturns in north Norfolk crash
- 6 Norfolk rugby star takes indefinite leave due to wife's illness
- 7 Sports body pushes for 54-home plan to go before the government
- 8 Country park awarded 'Green Flag' for 17th year in a row
- 9 See inside former brewery transformed into a cottage for sale for £875k
- 10 Student nurse's plea after two years of university work stolen from car