Cromer plans to put bus queues under cover
Shoppers waiting for buses in Cromer will no longer have to stand in the rain if plans for new shelters in the town go ahead.It is hoped the covers will soon be installed on Cadogan Road and Church Street, outside the museum, while a third on Mill Road, outside the hospital, could also be on the cards.
Shoppers waiting for buses in Cromer will no longer have to stand in the rain if plans for new shelters in the town go ahead.
It is hoped the covers will soon be installed on Cadogan Road and Church Street, outside the museum, while a third on Mill Road, outside the hospital, could also be on the cards.
North Norfolk District Council is moving ahead with plans for the Church Street shelter while the town council, which will fund the one on Cadogan Road, is already looking at a possible design.
However it will have to wait for permission from Norfolk County Council Highways, which is checking the pavement is wide enough, before it can go ahead with installation.
Julie Chance, town clerk, said the council was keen to get plans for the shelters moving, especially while the town still lacked a bus station. She said: 'It's very important because people are standing out in the rain.'
The council also hopes to put one on Mill Road, however Mrs Chance said funding for new shelters had not been included in the council's budget which meant the plans were temporarily on hold until more money was available.
- 1 New group's bid to take over Holt Hall
- 2 30-year-old to take over as district council leader
- 3 Four Norfolk gastropubs named among best in UK
- 4 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips
- 5 Police investigate report of drink-spiking at North Walsham pub
- 6 Nail bar owner now planning to open third shop in north Norfolk
- 7 Woman 'shocked' after brick thrown through living-room window
- 8 Sheringham councillor memorialised at The Reef
- 9 7 of the best places to get street food on the Norfolk coast
- 10 Ever fancied being a real life CSI? Now's your chance!