Cromer plans to put bus queues under cover
Shoppers waiting for buses in Cromer will no longer have to stand in the rain if plans for new shelters in the town go ahead.It is hoped the covers will soon be installed on Cadogan Road and Church Street, outside the museum, while a third on Mill Road, outside the hospital, could also be on the cards.
Shoppers waiting for buses in Cromer will no longer have to stand in the rain if plans for new shelters in the town go ahead.
It is hoped the covers will soon be installed on Cadogan Road and Church Street, outside the museum, while a third on Mill Road, outside the hospital, could also be on the cards.
North Norfolk District Council is moving ahead with plans for the Church Street shelter while the town council, which will fund the one on Cadogan Road, is already looking at a possible design.
However it will have to wait for permission from Norfolk County Council Highways, which is checking the pavement is wide enough, before it can go ahead with installation.
You may also want to watch:
Julie Chance, town clerk, said the council was keen to get plans for the shelters moving, especially while the town still lacked a bus station. She said: 'It's very important because people are standing out in the rain.'
The council also hopes to put one on Mill Road, however Mrs Chance said funding for new shelters had not been included in the council's budget which meant the plans were temporarily on hold until more money was available.
- 1 Gresham's School to erect 25 blue plaques for famous former pupils
- 2 Last chance to own historic items as town hall goes under offer
- 3 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 4 New £4.85m cancer centre will make life 'easier'
- 5 How Norfolk shantymen got involved in viral TikTok trend
- 6 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 7 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 8 Norfolk scenes cut from Netflix's Sutton Hoo film The Dig
- 9 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 10 5 tips from Norwich expert to keep your car in peak condition in lockdown