Pier to close for mystery BBC Christmas-themed production
- Credit: Archant
Cromer Pier will be closed for a day as a film crew heads to town for a BBC shoot, the details of which are being kept tightly under wraps.
Rumours are flying about the nature of the production, which is believed to have a Christmas theme.
The pier is to be closed on Thursday (October 4) for the filming, while the promenade and Melbourne Slope - which leads down to the prom from No.1 Cromer - will also be closed to vehicles on Thursday.
Earlier in September, the Norfolk Film Company advertised for extras aged from 'five to 70, all genders and ethnicities' for the Cromer shoot.
A public notice from North Norfolk District Council said: 'Please note that Melbourne Slope and the promenade will be closed to traffic on Wednesday, October 3 while filming takes place. Disabled parking will be suspended during this time.
You may also want to watch:
'The slope and promenade will be open for pedestrians under supervision from on-site security.
'Thursday, October 4: As above, additional, Cromer Pier will be closed. It will re-open at 8am on Friday, October 5.'
- 1 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 2 'Be responsible' - coastguard issues warning after seven-year-old is rescued from sea
- 3 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 4 Black Prince returns for first journey of the year at North Norfolk railway
- 5 Plans proposed for 'flexible' space in derelict area of popular park
- 6 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 7 'Why reopening on June 21 is the right decision'
- 8 'Heartbroken' - Shock after village play area ‘trashed’ by graffiti vandals
- 9 Holiday home owner calls for guidance over foreign workers
- 10 Is this the ultimate Norfolk road trip?
*Are you an extra on the film shoot? Do you know anything about it, or have you heard any rumours? Please share anything you know - anonymously if you wish - by emailing email@example.com.