Pier to close for mystery BBC Christmas-themed production
- Credit: Archant
Cromer Pier will be closed for a day as a film crew heads to town for a BBC shoot, the details of which are being kept tightly under wraps.
Rumours are flying about the nature of the production, which is believed to have a Christmas theme.
The pier is to be closed on Thursday (October 4) for the filming, while the promenade and Melbourne Slope - which leads down to the prom from No.1 Cromer - will also be closed to vehicles on Thursday.
Earlier in September, the Norfolk Film Company advertised for extras aged from 'five to 70, all genders and ethnicities' for the Cromer shoot.
A public notice from North Norfolk District Council said: 'Please note that Melbourne Slope and the promenade will be closed to traffic on Wednesday, October 3 while filming takes place. Disabled parking will be suspended during this time.
'The slope and promenade will be open for pedestrians under supervision from on-site security.
'Thursday, October 4: As above, additional, Cromer Pier will be closed. It will re-open at 8am on Friday, October 5.'
- 1 Dog bans could be extended at north Norfolk parks
- 2 Bid to open glampsite in north Norfolk meadow
- 3 'A great escape' - How a Norfolk webcam helped a Canadian couple endure lockdown
- 4 Travelodge looking at nine sites for new hotels across Norfolk
- 5 War-time bomb lay dormant for 80 years before exploding under fishing boat
- 6 New places for Mammoth Marathon to be released
- 7 Man charged with drink driving after crash into wall
- 8 5 TV shows and films shot in Norfolk getting released in 2022
- 9 Ice cream shop introduces vegan and dog options due to 'massive demand'
- 10 Arrive by boat at new Norfolk wedding venue
*Are you an extra on the film shoot? Do you know anything about it, or have you heard any rumours? Please share anything you know - anonymously if you wish - by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.