Pier to close for mystery BBC Christmas-themed production
- Credit: Archant
Cromer Pier will be closed for a day as a film crew heads to town for a BBC shoot, the details of which are being kept tightly under wraps.
Rumours are flying about the nature of the production, which is believed to have a Christmas theme.
The pier is to be closed on Thursday (October 4) for the filming, while the promenade and Melbourne Slope - which leads down to the prom from No.1 Cromer - will also be closed to vehicles on Thursday.
Earlier in September, the Norfolk Film Company advertised for extras aged from 'five to 70, all genders and ethnicities' for the Cromer shoot.
A public notice from North Norfolk District Council said: 'Please note that Melbourne Slope and the promenade will be closed to traffic on Wednesday, October 3 while filming takes place. Disabled parking will be suspended during this time.
You may also want to watch:
'The slope and promenade will be open for pedestrians under supervision from on-site security.
'Thursday, October 4: As above, additional, Cromer Pier will be closed. It will re-open at 8am on Friday, October 5.'
- 1 Gresham's School to erect 25 blue plaques for famous former pupils
- 2 Last chance to own historic items as town hall goes under offer
- 3 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 4 New £4.85m cancer centre will make life 'easier'
- 5 How Norfolk shantymen got involved in viral TikTok trend
- 6 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 7 Norfolk scenes cut from Netflix's Sutton Hoo film The Dig
- 8 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 9 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 10 5 tips from Norwich expert to keep your car in peak condition in lockdown
*Are you an extra on the film shoot? Do you know anything about it, or have you heard any rumours? Please share anything you know - anonymously if you wish - by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.