Cromer pier's minor management change
Cromer Pier management is being switched to a new seaside arm of its current operating company.The Pavilion Theatre and linked pier caf� and gift shop have been run by Openwide International since 2001.
Cromer Pier management is being switched to a new seaside arm of its current operating company.
The Pavilion Theatre and linked pier caf� and gift shop have been run by Openwide International since 2001.
But the company which provides entertainment for resorts and cruise ships as well as consultancy across world has set up a separate business Openwide Coastal, to deal with its British seaside operations which also include theatres at Felixstowe in Suffolk and Bournemouth.
Pier owners North Norfolk District Council says it is happy with the switch and pleased with the performance of Openwide, which has grown theatre audiences at Cromer from 64,000 to nearly 88,000 between 2002 and 2007, helped by the introduction of a Christmas show to build on the success of its long-standing Seaside Special summer season.
You may also want to watch:
A report to the council cabinet, backing the change, says that while audience figures had 'levelled out' over the past two seasons, due to the difficult financial climate, profitability had increased, and Openwide had invested �25,000 to improve facilities to creating a caf� culture atmosphere and boosting income.
PIER'S LATEST SHOW - Guide page 1
- 1 Cliff fall warning issued for North Norfolk ahead of Storm Christoph
- 2 Town leaves Christmas lights on throughout January
- 3 Family butcher and livestock market operator dies aged 74
- 4 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 5 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 6 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 7 Where the pines meet the sea on the north Norfolk coast
- 8 Hospital gets a brand new MRI machine
- 9 Man who died after falling from cliff took his own life, inquest rules
- 10 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's