Cromer pier's minor management change
Cromer Pier management is being switched to a new seaside arm of its current operating company.The Pavilion Theatre and linked pier caf� and gift shop have been run by Openwide International since 2001.
Cromer Pier management is being switched to a new seaside arm of its current operating company.
The Pavilion Theatre and linked pier caf� and gift shop have been run by Openwide International since 2001.
But the company which provides entertainment for resorts and cruise ships as well as consultancy across world has set up a separate business Openwide Coastal, to deal with its British seaside operations which also include theatres at Felixstowe in Suffolk and Bournemouth.
Pier owners North Norfolk District Council says it is happy with the switch and pleased with the performance of Openwide, which has grown theatre audiences at Cromer from 64,000 to nearly 88,000 between 2002 and 2007, helped by the introduction of a Christmas show to build on the success of its long-standing Seaside Special summer season.
You may also want to watch:
A report to the council cabinet, backing the change, says that while audience figures had 'levelled out' over the past two seasons, due to the difficult financial climate, profitability had increased, and Openwide had invested �25,000 to improve facilities to creating a caf� culture atmosphere and boosting income.
PIER'S LATEST SHOW - Guide page 1
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 3 North Norfolk home with sea views and cafe for sale for £525,000
- 4 Stunning north Norfolk images shared to mark Norfolk Day
- 5 Town council move to ban plastic crab lines from Cromer Pier
- 6 Norfolk inspires designs for £4.8m cancer centre, as opening day nears
- 7 Bid to convert former Sheringham town hall into a home
- 8 Inquest opens into death of teenager found in his home
- 9 Joy as classic diesel loco gets back on the tracks
- 10 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake