Cromer lifeboat launched to assist an ill crew member on-board a survey boat
- Credit: Archant
Cromer's RNLI all-weather life boat Lester was launched earlier today to attend to a survey boat one mile out to sea.
Shortly before 6pm, Lester's crew received reports from the UK coastguard that a crew member on the boat was suffering from abdominal pains and needed to be brought ashore immediately.
The all-weather boat was scrambled and travelled one mile off shore in calm seas to pick up the patient.
The sea conditions and good visibility meant the lifeboat was able to reach the survey boat quickly.
The patient was brought back to shore where an ambulance met the lifeboat and took the patient to hospital.
You may also want to watch:
The incident handover was completed by 6.30pm and the lifeboat rehoused ready for the next call.
- 1 Two teenagers arrested following arson at a public toilet
- 2 Vintage train fires up for festive services
- 3 Covid marshals hit the streets in north Norfolk
- 4 Cromer-filmed movie starring Lily James and Ralph Fiennes coming to Netflix in January
- 5 'Festive fun for all' - Thursford's Enchanted Journey Of Light wows on opening night
- 6 Review: Strictly Christmas at Cromer Pier
- 7 New benches at North Lodge Park
- 8 Farms, former rail lines and old buildings set to be sold off by council
- 9 Plans for 52 new homes in Holt recommended for approval despite concerns
- 10 Santa Claus is coming to town - but he won't be taking cash