Christmas tree raffle to help town’s lifeboat
- Credit: Ellis Usher
A potted, living Christmas tree is up for grabs in a fundraiser for Cromer Lifeboat Station.
The Cromer Ladies Lifeboat Guild is raffling off the tree, which can be moved outside and eventually planted in the garden after the festive period.
Jill Reedman, the guild’s secretary, said the RNLI was funded entirely through donations, and the pandemic had meant the cancellation of many events they would have normally relied on to keep operating.
She said: “Due to Covid-19 restrictions, we have had to cancel almost all of our fundraising events this year and therefore our fundraising total is very low.
“However, Overstrand Garden Centre have contacted us and are kindly running a Christmas tree raffle, starting tomorrow, to raise funds for us. All money raised will go to the RNLI.”
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are £1 and can be bought from the garden centre, which is open Tuesday to Sunday 10am-4pm.
The draw will take place on December 4.
- 1 Nature lovers' dream? Two wildlife paradises for sale
- 2 Demolition of seaside hotel begins
- 3 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 4 'A nightmare' - Roadworks cause traffic chaos in North Walsham
- 5 See inside the boutique hotel with spa centre reserved for guests
- 6 Cromer captured in stunning detail by academy students
- 7 Revealed: The fastest place to sell a home in Norfolk
- 8 Dancers' dilemma: Pier show cast priced out by Airbnb
- 9 New affordable homes in Fakenham for the elderly ahead of schedule
- 10 Campaigner 'more convinced than ever' about new light rail link