Medieval mayhem in youngsters’ Camelot-inspired Christmas production
- Credit: Archant
Dusty Dragon, Bernie Blackhead and Jolly Jake the Jester were among the comic characters featured in a Camelot-inspired play performed by pupils at Cromer Junior School.
Entitled What a Knight!, the madcap musical told the tale of hapless Watt Cobblers, who, after being expelled from knight school, is taken on as an apprentice by Merlin the magician.
But, when Merlin loses Excalibur, King Arthur's daughters are kidnapped and his brave knights are turned into chickens, Watt and his new-found friends set off on the biggest adventure of their lives.
Starring a dual cast of nearly 70 nine and 10-year-olds, the show, which was performed to parents and pupils, was directed by Year 5 teachers Victoria Stares and Olivia Charman, with teaching assistants Karen Wright and Sharon Pearce making props and costumes.
Mrs Stares said: "The show has been a real confidence-builder, it's generated a huge amount of enthusiasm and everyone has been really keen to get their part right."
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 2 WATCH: Demolition of landmark seaside hotel
- 3 Shock as public toilets torched FOUR times
- 4 Historic farmhouse in six acres with holiday barn for sale for £1.65m
- 5 Hare coursers snared by police officers using night vision goggles
- 6 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 7 Woman bit female police officer after neighbour dispute arrest
- 8 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 9 Cafe reveals exciting revamp as town gets ready to reopen
- 10 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021