Cromer’s GoGo Hare found smeared with sun cream
- Credit: Archant
Staying safe in the sun has been at the forefront of most of our minds during the recent heatwave.
But one prankster in north Norfolk has taken the sun safety message a little too far.
Cromer's GoGo charity hare was found at 10.30pm last night smeared with sun cream.
Teresa Guest, 55, from Norwich, visited Cromer with her son Alex, 22, on Thursday, July 26, to fly his drone and take pictures of the sunset.
She said: 'I'm sorry to report the big hare has been smothered in sun cream - every side has been affected.
You may also want to watch:
'Someone's idea of a joke?'
She added: 'The tube of sun cream had been discarded on the plinth the hare sits on.
- 1 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 2 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 3 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 4 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 5 Your say - What is your favourite restaurant in north Norfolk?
- 6 Appeal to find missing man from London last seen at Norfolk campsite
- 7 Classic Ibiza setlist for Blickling Estate revealed
- 8 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 9 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 10 Stunning north Norfolk images shared to mark Norfolk Day
'We walked back to where we had parked the car and there was no one around.'
Friends of North Lodge Par, where the hare sits, said it had been restored to its usual shine on Friday, July 27.
The Cromer hare, named Chrome Hare, is sponsored by the town's businesses.