Cromer’s GoGo Hare found smeared with sun cream
- Credit: Archant
Staying safe in the sun has been at the forefront of most of our minds during the recent heatwave.
But one prankster in north Norfolk has taken the sun safety message a little too far.
Cromer's GoGo charity hare was found at 10.30pm last night smeared with sun cream.
Teresa Guest, 55, from Norwich, visited Cromer with her son Alex, 22, on Thursday, July 26, to fly his drone and take pictures of the sunset.
She said: 'I'm sorry to report the big hare has been smothered in sun cream - every side has been affected.
You may also want to watch:
'Someone's idea of a joke?'
She added: 'The tube of sun cream had been discarded on the plinth the hare sits on.
- 1 Concern over state of beach following £22m sandscaping project
- 2 Happy birthday, Arthur! 100 up for Second World War naval hero
- 3 Hospital to close with loss of 120 jobs
- 4 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?
- 5 Hotel's bid for nine holiday lodges 'to compete with Airbnb'
- 6 Rescue drama as kayaker spotted 'clinging to a buoy'
- 7 Listed townhouse with 'most stunning' features is for sale for £595,000
- 8 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 9 'No guarantee' - doctor urges HPV vaccinated women to attend screenings
- 10 Sea sponge given name with a Norfolk twist
'We walked back to where we had parked the car and there was no one around.'
Friends of North Lodge Par, where the hare sits, said it had been restored to its usual shine on Friday, July 27.
The Cromer hare, named Chrome Hare, is sponsored by the town's businesses.