Cromer electrical store bounces back
Normal business has resumed at the Bennetts store in Cromer and the store's staff have breathed a collective sigh of relief after keeping hold of their jobs.
The North Norfolk Retail Park store, off Holt Road, was closed last month when the well-established Norfolk electrical retailer went into administration.
But the Cromer store was one of six stores to be rescued by Lowestoft-based Hughes Electrical, saving 117 jobs, following administrators PKF making 228 redundancies after Bennetts went into administration on March 10.
Six of those stores have been bought by Hughes and now opened their doors to customers again.
The Cromer store is joined by the stores in Hall Road, Norwich and Dereham, with stores in Martlesham in Suffolk, Farnham in Surrey and Colchester Tollgate also now open again.
You may also want to watch:
Stores which will not reopen include Longwater, Holt, Diss, King's Lynn, Great Yarmouth, Bury St Edmunds, Chelmsford and a second Colchester store.
Cromer store manager Simon Morton is delighted to have resumed normal service, saying: 'This has been a difficult time for us but now all the staff are just delighted to have the stores open and us to be trading again under the Bennetts' brand.
- 1 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 2 Your say - What is your favourite restaurant in north Norfolk?
- 3 Vets announces temporary closure due to staff shortages
- 4 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 5 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 6 The sea has to be respected - so why don’t people learn?
- 7 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 8 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 9 Coastguard joins search for missing London man last seen in Norfolk
- 10 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
'We are all looking forward to meeting customers old and new and they can be assured of a warm welcome.'
The Bennetts store in Cromer moved from its long-running Church Street location to a newer edge-of-town unit on the North Norfolk Retail Park just before Christmas.
The store used to employ six full-time and one part-time member of staff, all of whom have retained their jobs and have been handling stock from the closed Holt branch.
Hughes Electrical managing director, Robert Hughes is delighted to get the stores open again, which will retain their original Bennetts branding. He said: 'We have been working flat out since we acquired the stores on March 22 and it's a great tribute to all concerned that we have got them open again so quickly and I am glad to say we have been able to recruit a total of 117 former Bennetts' staff.'
Opening hours for the Cromer store will be: Monday to Wednesday 9am-6pm; Thursday and Friday, 9am-8pm; Saturdays 9am-6pm and Sundays 10.30am-4.30pm.