An evening of Beatles’ music at Norfolk pub
- Credit: Archant
A Cromer district councillor is going on the road with his radio show, and will be playing an evening of Beatles' music at the White Swan pub in North Walsham.
North Norfolk radio presenters Nigel Pearce and Alan Thompson co-run Teen Dreams on Future Radio 107.8FM in Norwich.
Their specials have been popular both here and across the pond, and they have spearheaded a new podcast/broadcast, UKRadio, through iHeartmedia, in the USA showcasing British sounds.
The live date at the White Swan, from 8pm to 11.30pm on November 9, will celebrate the re-release of the Beatles' White Album for its 50th anniversary.
Mr Pearce said: 'There is a huge army of Beatles' fans in north Norfolk.'
You may also want to watch:
Pub landlord Peter Edge said: 'I wanted Nigel and would not let him out of the pub until he said yes.'
Mr Pearce is a Liberal Democrat North Norfolk District councillor for Suffield Park ward.
- 1 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 2 Wartime spirit fills north Norfolk as 1940s weekend returns
- 3 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 4 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 5 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 6 'Proud to be a Cromer fisherman' - Tributes paid to Norfolk stalwart
- 7 Cromer: gang throw glass bottles at group near beach
- 8 Parts of Norfolk at risk of heavy downpours
- 9 Tribute shows planned in memory of Paul Eastwood
- 10 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck