Six-year-old Benny scores a hat-trick of switch-ons at Cromer Christmas festival
- Credit: Archant
A feast of festive fun was on offer at Cromer on Saturday, when a five-day Christmas festival came to a close with an illuminated procession followed by a grand switch-on ceremony.
Attractions in the town centre included a Christmas tree festival at the parish church, a street market, and a Santa's grotto in Cromer parish hall.
Festival-goers also had a chance to meet a couple of real-life reindeer, and vote for the winners of a shop window competition.
Much-loved Norfolk comedian Olly Day and his fellow Cromer Pier Christmas show star Mark James were joined on stage for the switch-on by Father Christmas, town crier Mark Northway and local youngsters incluing six-year-old Benny Pitcher, who last week turned on the festive lights at Holt and Sheringham.
Mr Day, who has taken part in the event for the past 11 years, said: "It's a great joy to be able to spend two months of every year in Cromer, I feel part of the community and the Christmas festival is a real highlight."
- 1 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 2 See inside this 17th century house with a hot tub and direct beach access
- 3 Blickling bathed in light in stunning festive display
- 4 Work 'up and running' at site of store destroyed in fire
- 5 Man made threats to hurt ex-partner's father
- 6 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 7 Nominees for the North Norfolk Awards 2021 revealed
- 8 Historic miller's house goes up for sale - and it needs renovating
- 9 £500,000 public toilet plan gets green light
- 10 Norwich woman writes a "truthful and heartbreaking" film about abuse