Six-year-old Benny scores a hat-trick of switch-ons at Cromer Christmas festival
- Credit: Archant
A feast of festive fun was on offer at Cromer on Saturday, when a five-day Christmas festival came to a close with an illuminated procession followed by a grand switch-on ceremony.
Attractions in the town centre included a Christmas tree festival at the parish church, a street market, and a Santa's grotto in Cromer parish hall.
Festival-goers also had a chance to meet a couple of real-life reindeer, and vote for the winners of a shop window competition.
Much-loved Norfolk comedian Olly Day and his fellow Cromer Pier Christmas show star Mark James were joined on stage for the switch-on by Father Christmas, town crier Mark Northway and local youngsters incluing six-year-old Benny Pitcher, who last week turned on the festive lights at Holt and Sheringham.
Mr Day, who has taken part in the event for the past 11 years, said: "It's a great joy to be able to spend two months of every year in Cromer, I feel part of the community and the Christmas festival is a real highlight."
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Two teenagers arrested following arson at a public toilet
- 2 Vintage train fires up for festive services
- 3 Covid marshals hit the streets in north Norfolk
- 4 Cromer-filmed movie starring Lily James and Ralph Fiennes coming to Netflix in January
- 5 'Festive fun for all' - Thursford's Enchanted Journey Of Light wows on opening night
- 6 Review: Strictly Christmas at Cromer Pier
- 7 New benches at North Lodge Park
- 8 Plans for 52 new homes in Holt recommended for approval despite concerns
- 9 Farms, former rail lines and old buildings set to be sold off by council
- 10 Busy petrol station on A140 closes due to 'unforeseen circumstances'