Six-year-old Benny scores a hat-trick of switch-ons at Cromer Christmas festival
- Credit: Archant
A feast of festive fun was on offer at Cromer on Saturday, when a five-day Christmas festival came to a close with an illuminated procession followed by a grand switch-on ceremony.
Attractions in the town centre included a Christmas tree festival at the parish church, a street market, and a Santa's grotto in Cromer parish hall.
Festival-goers also had a chance to meet a couple of real-life reindeer, and vote for the winners of a shop window competition.
Much-loved Norfolk comedian Olly Day and his fellow Cromer Pier Christmas show star Mark James were joined on stage for the switch-on by Father Christmas, town crier Mark Northway and local youngsters incluing six-year-old Benny Pitcher, who last week turned on the festive lights at Holt and Sheringham.
Mr Day, who has taken part in the event for the past 11 years, said: "It's a great joy to be able to spend two months of every year in Cromer, I feel part of the community and the Christmas festival is a real highlight."
- 1 Landlord appeals against fine for 'excess cold and electrical hazards'
- 2 The north Norfolk roads closing for the Queen's Jubilee
- 3 North Walsham 'Live Aid' legend calls it a day after 17 years
- 4 'Amazing' display of cascading poppies now on display in Cromer
- 5 Anne Boleyn's execution commemorated at Blickling
- 6 Business park plan could bring 14 new jobs to North Walsham
- 7 Cafe and shop along Norfolk Broads up for sale with 'rare opportunity'
- 8 Morgan the model moggie raises £1,000s for other animals
- 9 More details revealed on replacement for beloved coastal railway
- 10 First look inside: New deli and surf shop open on coast