Cromer charity golf day sees thousands raised for EACH nook appeal
- Credit: Archant
Golfers who took part in an annual charity tournament have hit a hole in one with their fundraising success.
The Rotary Club of Holt and District held their 12th annual golf day at the Royal Cromer Golf Club for the first time this summer.
And the club have now presented East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH) with a cheque for £2,600.
Players were fundraising for the charity's nook appeal and handed over the donation to the charity on October 23.
27 teams and 106 players participated, including the club's general manager, Jonathan Moore, club captain, Mick Baxter, and vice-captain, Will Howlett.
Tim Jenkins, EACH community fundraiser, said: 'I went along on the day and it was a fantastic success.
'There was a huge amount of support from golfers and their clubs, Royal Cromer staff and Norfolk businesses.
- 1 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 2 See inside this 17th century house with a hot tub and direct beach access
- 3 Blickling bathed in light in stunning festive display
- 4 Work 'up and running' at site of store destroyed in fire
- 5 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 6 Man made threats to hurt ex-partner's father
- 7 Nominees for the North Norfolk Awards 2021 revealed
- 8 Historic miller's house goes up for sale - and it needs renovating
- 9 £500,000 public toilet plan gets green light
- 10 Norwich woman writes a "truthful and heartbreaking" film about abuse
'We'd like to thank all the rotarians for their hard work and choosing to support EACH once again.'