Thousands turn out to family fun day as Cromer counts down to 50th anniversary parade
- Credit: Archant
An action-packed programme featuring attractions ranging from stunt bikes and martial arts, to dancing and drumming was on offer at Cromer Carnival's family fun day, which took place at Runton Road on Tuesday.
Crowds in their thousands turned out to watch BMX riders launch themselves into the air from a ramp stretching from the roof of a van to a 'high jump' platform, with other arena attractions ranging from a display by horseback performers the Galloping Acrobats, to a synchronised performance to music by 17 members of the Southern Golden Retriever display team and their canine companions.
Youngsters also had a chance to take part in craft, sports and music activities, see performances by local dance schools, and meet children's TV characters including Mr Tumble and the Paw Patrol crew.
Carnival chairman Tony Shipp and his team are now looking forward to this evening's 50th anniversary procession, which will assemble at the carnival field at Runton Road at 5.15pm, before setting off at 7pm on a circular route around the town via Prince of Wales Road, Hamilton Road, Church Street, Mount Street, Louden Road, West Street and Beach Road.
Events running on the carnival field until 4.15pm today (Wednesday) include static displays and arena attractions.
For more information, visit www.cromercarnival.co.uk
- 1 More than 1,000 drivers caught speeding through north Norfolk town
- 2 More than 20 vendors lined up for town's food festival
- 3 Sand martins stop cliffside house demolition
- 4 Council won't say if departed senior officer received a payout
- 5 Revealed: Where dangerous parasite has been reported in Norfolk
- 6 Man in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash in north Norfolk
- 7 Military helicopters spotted flying over Norfolk
- 8 Bell McBellface? Names suggested for Norfolk's new beach bell
- 9 Villagers 'displeased' as phone box removed in email muddle-up
- 10 All you need to know about this year's Cromer Carnival Day