Cromer butcher backs charity sausage as UK Sausage Week comes to an end
- Credit: Archant
As UK sausage week comes to an end, a Cromer butcher is hoping for a final boost in sales of his charity sausage, in air of a cancer support organisation.
Icarus Hines will be stocking a limited edition sausage for this week only, named the 'Norfolk Nobbler.'
For every pound of the sausage sold, £1.50 of the proceeds will be donated to Marie Curie Cancer Care.
Mr Hines will be stocking the recipe concocted by Norwich butcher Jamie Archer, who will be encormporating Norfolk's famous Candi's Chutney into the recipe.
The sausages will be a traditional pork sausage, however will have the added kick of Candi's Parsnip and Chilli Chutney, from the The Chutney Barn based in Holt.
You may also want to watch:
Candi's Chutney will also be selling this recipe to raise further funds for Marie Curie.
- 1 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 2 Car park used for Covid jabs returns to general use
- 3 Historic farmhouse in six acres with holiday barn for sale for £1.65m
- 4 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 5 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 6 New Sunday market to feature street food, music and crafters
- 7 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 8 Indian variant could hamper roadmap, Norfolk health expert says
- 9 Cromer hospital staff raise hundreds for new cancer unit
- 10 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days