Cromer boxing brothers face GBH charges
Three well-known Norfolk boxing brothers, who turned professional earlier this year, are facing serious assault charges.Twins Liam and Ryan Walsh, 22, and elder brother Michael, 24, from Cromer will appear at the town's magistrates court on November 27 to answer allegations of causing grievous bodily harm.
Three Norfolk boxing brothers, who turned professional earlier this year, are facing serious assault charges.
Twins Liam and Ryan Walsh, 22, and elder brother Michael, 24, from Cromer will appear at the town's magistrates court on November 27 to answer allegations of causing grievous bodily harm.
Police confirmed the charges related to an incident at Brownshill where the family lives, and involved a 46-year-old man.
The Walshes stepped into the national arena when they made their professional debuts in February, having signed up with promoter Frank Warren.
You may also want to watch:
And they took the boxing world by storm with a hat trick of wins during a televised evening at London's Excel Arena which also featured star fighter Amir Khan.
They began their amateur careers at Aylsham Boxing Club and worked their way up the amateur rankings.
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 North Norfolk home with sea views and cafe for sale for £525,000
- 3 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 4 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 5 Stunning north Norfolk images shared to mark Norfolk Day
- 6 Town council move to ban plastic crab lines from Cromer Pier
- 7 Bid to convert former Sheringham town hall into a home
- 8 Norfolk inspires designs for £4.8m cancer centre, as opening day nears
- 9 Joy as classic diesel loco gets back on the tracks
- 10 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
Michael is a former flyweight champion, Ryan a former junior champion and Liam won a gold medal at the Commonwealth Youth Games in Australia in 2004.
Since turning professional they are unbeaten in a total of nine fights.