Cromer boxing brothers face GBH charges
Three well-known Norfolk boxing brothers, who turned professional earlier this year, are facing serious assault charges.Twins Liam and Ryan Walsh, 22, and elder brother Michael, 24, from Cromer will appear at the town's magistrates court on November 27 to answer allegations of causing grievous bodily harm.
Three Norfolk boxing brothers, who turned professional earlier this year, are facing serious assault charges.
Twins Liam and Ryan Walsh, 22, and elder brother Michael, 24, from Cromer will appear at the town's magistrates court on November 27 to answer allegations of causing grievous bodily harm.
Police confirmed the charges related to an incident at Brownshill where the family lives, and involved a 46-year-old man.
The Walshes stepped into the national arena when they made their professional debuts in February, having signed up with promoter Frank Warren.
And they took the boxing world by storm with a hat trick of wins during a televised evening at London's Excel Arena which also featured star fighter Amir Khan.
They began their amateur careers at Aylsham Boxing Club and worked their way up the amateur rankings.
- 1 Swap shop for women's clothing opens in Cromer
- 2 People come 'from all over the country' to try this Norfolk seafood platter
- 3 Food review, The Crawfish Inn, Thursford: ‘Massive value for money'
- 4 Lily, 13, 'excited' as first novel hits book shops
- 5 New boss hopes to put his own stamp on Sheringham cafe
- 6 School celebrates being Norfolk's first to gain LGBTQ+ inclusion award
- 7 Weather warning as strong winds set to hit parts of Norfolk this weekend
- 8 10-year-old town centre deli announces sudden closure
- 9 Warning after dogs left 'limp or lifeless' by mystery illness
- 10 Tribute paid to much-loved dad who died in cycling accident
Michael is a former flyweight champion, Ryan a former junior champion and Liam won a gold medal at the Commonwealth Youth Games in Australia in 2004.
Since turning professional they are unbeaten in a total of nine fights.