‘I wish I could enjoy Sheringham’ - resident’s reaction after cars vandalised
- Credit: Archant
Police in north Norfolk are investigating an incident of criminal damage after a street of parked cars was vandalised in Sheringham.
Norfolk police confirmed 'at least nine' vehicles had their wing mirrors damaged or knocked off while parked on Holway Road overnight on Tuesday, March 12.
Owner Stephen Lawrence, 54, a caretaker at Greshams' School, posted on the Enjoy Sheringham More Facebook page: 'I wish I could enjoy Sheringham at the moment.
'My car was vandalised along with at least five others last night whilst parked on Holway Road.'
A police spokeswoman said: 'We were called this morning at 6.20am to multiple reports that at least nine cars on Holway Road had their wing mirrors damaged.'
You may also want to watch:
The reports are all being treated as linked and the incident is being investigated as criminal damage.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Norfolk Police on 101, quoting crime number 36/17109/19.
- 1 Wartime spirit fills north Norfolk as 1940s weekend returns
- 2 Man released on bail after reports of fight in village
- 3 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 4 'Pass slow and wide' horse procession held in north Norfolk
- 5 WATCH: Pigs root out Second World War bomb
- 6 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 7 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 8 Lifeboat crews called to help sinking fishing boat off Norfolk coast
- 9 Town's skatepark finally reopens
- 10 New golfing trophy named after club stalwart