Police investigation into Thorpe Market death 'ongoing'
- Credit: Danielle Booden
An investigation is ongoing into a fight near a Norfolk pub in which a man died from severe head injuries.
Police were called to Station Road, close to the Suffield Arms in Thorpe Market, following reports of a fight involving two men.
A man in his 50s, who is understood to be Dale Jackson, sustained serious head injuries following the incident, which happened shortly before 6pm on Friday, September 17.
He was treated by paramedics at the scene before being airlifted to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge with life-threatening head injuries.
The man died in hospital on Thursday (September 23) with a Home Office post-mortem report finding the preliminary cause of death was severe head injuries.
A man aged in his 40s was arrested at the scene in connection with the incident and taken to Aylsham Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
A Norfolk Police spokesman said the man remains on bail and the investigation was "ongoing".
Anyone with information should call police on 101.
- 1 Fury at bikers' who rode over dead seal pup
- 2 Bid to build 70-bed care home and 24 affordable houses
- 3 Your say: How would you improve Holt?
- 4 German filmmaker's 'love letter to Britain' features famous Norfolk show
- 5 'I'd throw a massive street party' - Q&A with Tracey Ringwood
- 6 Where and when you can park for free in north Norfolk this Christmas
- 7 Delving into north Norfolk's rich railway history with the U3A
- 8 School closed its doors for three days after Covid outbreak
- 9 Amelia Reynolds: 'I've learned to live a bit more in the present - enjoy the right now'
- 10 What's in a Broad? Delving beneath the surface of Norfolk's wonderful waterways