Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- Credit: Danielle Booden
Flowers have been left by the side of a north Norfolk road, after the death of a man following a fight.
Messages of condolence to the victim, who has not yet been formally named but is understood to be Dale Jackson, were also left at the scene on Station Road, close to the Suffield Arms in Thorpe Market.
One message read: "Thank you for being you (original bloke!)" and another read "you will be missed".
The man, aged in his 50s, sustained serious head injuries following the incident, which happened shortly before 6pm on Friday, September 17.
He was treated by paramedics at the scene before being airlifted to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge with life-threatening head injuries.
Police have since confirmed the man died in hospital on Thursday (September 23) and that a Home Office post-mortem examination will be held in due course.
A man aged in his 40s was arrested at the scene in connection with the incident and taken to Aylsham Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
- 1 Callum, 9, finds mystery bone while fossil hunting on the beach
- 2 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 3 Cocktail bar with 'European feel' opens in Sheringham
- 4 What does the ice-cream man do during winter?
- 5 The Original Factory Shop opens its doors in north Norfolk
- 6 Pizza restaurant in north Norfolk launches bottomless brunch
- 7 Bone found on beach by Callum, 9, may have been from a woolly rhino
- 8 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 9 Historic Norfolk train will be back ahead of centenary
- 10 'Excited' couple prepare to open new butchers shop