Crab-tastic opening planned for new seaside charity shop
- Credit: Archant
The VIP guest set to officially open a new charity shop won't need a pair of scissors to cut the ribbon - because he's a crab.
East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH) has announced Claude the Crab - the mascot of the town's pier - will do the honours at the new Tucker Street store's opening on Thursday, May 30.
Deb Lewis, pier box office and retail manager, said: "We're absolutely delighted Claude was invited to open the shop for such a worthy charity and we wish EACH every success for the future."
The shop, which will sell clothing, bric-a-brac, modern paperbacks, toys, jewellery and more, is in a former branch of Barclays bank which closed in December 2017.
Claude will be there for the opening at 10am on Thursday, May 30.
Anyone wanting more information on volunteering at the new shop can drop by or email email@example.com.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Nature lovers' dream? Two wildlife paradises for sale
- 2 Dancers' dilemma: Pier show cast priced out by Airbnb
- 3 Fond farewell for lifelong Cromer crab fisherman
- 4 'A nightmare' - Roadworks cause traffic chaos in North Walsham
- 5 Demolition of seaside hotel begins
- 6 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 7 Cromer florist 'delighted' as new business flourishes
- 8 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?
- 9 See inside the boutique hotel with spa centre reserved for guests
- 10 Daughter's tragic death from rare illness sparks dad's fundraiser