Dates announced for one of north Norfolk’s famous festivals and crabbing competition
- Credit: Archant
Get your diaries at the ready... The dates for the famous Crab and Lobster festival in 2018 have been announced.
The festival, which takes place between Cromer and Sheringham, will be held from Friday May 18 to Sunday May 20.
The weekend's entertainment begins with the Crab and Lobster Festival Grand Opening Concert at Cromer Pavilion Theatre.
The line up includes laughter and fun from Olly Day and Nigel 'Boy' Syer, music from the Sheringham Shantymen and the Old Wild Rovers and dancing from Marlene's School of Dance.
Tickets are £10.00 each and can be purchased from the
You may also want to watch:
Pier Box Office on 01263 512495 or online at www.cromerpier.co.uk.
The fun continues at Evington Lawns, Cromer, on May 19 and 20, with a whole weekend of Crab and Lobster events, including heritage demonstrations, live music, pirates, Razz the Clown, Rollo with Punch and Judy, shopping stalls, a cookery theatre and so much more.
- 1 Hotel in north Norfolk named one of the best in the UK
- 2 'She shouted for 90 minutes': Councillor guilty of harassing railway staff
- 3 Car overturns in north Norfolk crash
- 4 Callum, 9, finds mystery bone while fossil hunting on the beach
- 5 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 6 Country park awarded 'Green Flag' for 17th year in a row
- 7 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 8 Pedestrian hit by lorry in Aylsham
- 9 Husband donates £1m to cancer research so 'no one else goes through same pain'
- 10 Weird Norfolk: What links Westwick’s obelisk, ghosts and stuffed bears?
On Saturday night, Evington Lawnsw ill also host an evening of live music and entertainment, with a bar, barbecue and street food.
Other Crab and Lobster events include the Lighthouse Art Trail, which officially starts on May 5.
New for this year, whilst visiting the lighthouses, collect the letters and have fun with a game of 'Crabble', with junior and adult versions available.
The Crab Sandwich Competition will take place again in 2018 and another new event will be a Gardening Festival, held on May 19 at North Lodge Park.
More details of this can be found at www.northlodgepark.org.uk.
After the Crab and Lobster Festival weekend, the Grand Charity Auction of the lighthouses will take place on August 26 at Cromer Pier.
This date will also be the date of the World Pier Crabbing Championships, where we will see who is crowned champion for 2018!