Crab and lobster festival a step nearer
Plans for a crab and lobster festival in north Norfolk have taken a step forward.Cromer and Sheringham town councils hope to jointly host the event and members of the towns' joint publicity committee have got together to discuss what they hope will become an annual celebration.
Plans for a crab and lobster festival in north Norfolk have taken a step forward.
Cromer and Sheringham town councils hope to jointly host the event and members of the towns' joint publicity committee have got together to discuss what they hope will become an annual celebration.
The two-day festival, which will hopefully take place in June 2010, will include the first World Pier Crabbing Championship at Cromer, cooking demonstrations by a celebrity chef and the towns' restaurants will organise special lobster and crab menus.
Sheringham mayor Noel Gant said: 'We are extremely enthusiastic and look forward to putting on a good show in 2010. We will pull out all the stops.'
It is hoped key figures from the fishing community will get involved.
The next meeting of the crab festival committee is on April 2.
- 1 Your say: Should we close carparks at north Norfolk beauty spots?
- 2 Freezing cold temperatures could see snow in parts of Norfolk this weekend
- 3 The £500,000 plan to redo two town loos
- 4 Panoramic views for every customer after award-winning restaurant's refurb
- 5 New book reveals how Albert Einstein's stay in Norfolk may have saved his life
- 6 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 7 Norfolk to be battered by winds of up to 65mph as Storm Arwen hits UK
- 8 Hardware store owners to bid farewell after seven decades in business
- 9 Nominees for the North Norfolk Awards 2021 revealed
- 10 'Covid didn't kill off our creativity' - Man, 73, releases Christmas song with puppets