Council waive parking fees for Remembrance Sunday
- Credit: Archant
Parking fees will be waived for people wishing to pay their respects on Remembrance Sunday, the council have said.
Parking in North Norfolk District Council-owned car parks will be free on Remembrance Sunday, in response to wishes from the local community.
Information will be displayed in advance in all car parks to give notice of free parking.
The payment machines will also be covered up on the day to make it clear to users that the car parks will not require payment.
Leader of the council, Sarah Bütikofer, said: "As in previous years, North Norfolk District Council will be supporting Remembrance Day commemorations by ensuring that parking is free in all District Council-owned car parks for those wishing to pay their respects."
You may also want to watch:
Parking charges in North Norfolk District Council car parks usually apply from 8am to 6pm.
- 1 Market organiser vows big return after weather fears spark cancellation
- 2 Father and son rescued after being swept out to sea
- 3 Objectors gather to protest against 60ft 5G phone mast plans
- 4 Stunning sunset artwork being raffled for new cancer centre
- 5 Classic cars raise hundreds for charity at Mundesley Motor Show
- 6 Roll up, roll up as circus hits north Norfolk coast
- 7 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 8 Treasure Island coming to north Norfolk pub garden
- 9 Rescuers called as seaside visitors cut off by high tide
- 10 Tell us: Why young people move away from Norfolk