Council funding boost for Cromer disability charity About With Friends
- Credit: Archant
A charity will be able to carry out short breaks for children and young people with learning disabilities and there families following a council funding boost.
About With Friends, based on Holt Road in Cromer, will be able to continue offering activities for people across Norfolk after a contract with Norfolk County Council's children's services was renewed for a fifth year.
The charity has supported more than 80 young people since it started organising fun activities through the council. The new council money will be given out for one year.
Social activities for under 18s are put on during the evenings, weekends, school and college holidays.
These include discos, theme park visits, shopping trips, sailing excursions and train trips, among other special events.
You may also want to watch:
For more information about the charity's youth services, contact Emily Lown on 01263 515230 or email email@example.com
Alternatively visit www.aboutwithfriends.co.uk
- 1 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 2 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 3 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 4 Historic farmhouse in six acres with holiday barn for sale for £1.65m
- 5 WATCH: Demolition of landmark seaside hotel
- 6 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 7 Hare coursers snared by police officers using night vision goggles
- 8 Cromer hospital staff raise hundreds for new cancer unit
- 9 Indian variant could hamper roadmap, Norfolk health expert says
- 10 Car park used for Covid jabs returns to general use