Council funding boost for Cromer disability charity About With Friends
- Credit: Archant
A charity will be able to carry out short breaks for children and young people with learning disabilities and there families following a council funding boost.
About With Friends, based on Holt Road in Cromer, will be able to continue offering activities for people across Norfolk after a contract with Norfolk County Council's children's services was renewed for a fifth year.
The charity has supported more than 80 young people since it started organising fun activities through the council. The new council money will be given out for one year.
Social activities for under 18s are put on during the evenings, weekends, school and college holidays.
These include discos, theme park visits, shopping trips, sailing excursions and train trips, among other special events.
You may also want to watch:
For more information about the charity's youth services, contact Emily Lown on 01263 515230 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively visit www.aboutwithfriends.co.uk
- 1 Town leaves Christmas lights on throughout January
- 2 Cliff fall warning issued for North Norfolk ahead of Storm Christoph
- 3 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 4 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 5 Egg and Spud Man's delivery service booms in lockdown
- 6 Gresham's School to erect 25 blue plaques for famous former pupils
- 7 Where the pines meet the sea on the north Norfolk coast
- 8 Family butcher and livestock market operator dies aged 74
- 9 Road in north Norfolk village shut due to leaking water main
- 10 Councillor asks people to speak up after confronting lockdown rule breakers