Council funding boost for Cromer disability charity About With Friends
- Credit: Archant
A charity will be able to carry out short breaks for children and young people with learning disabilities and there families following a council funding boost.
About With Friends, based on Holt Road in Cromer, will be able to continue offering activities for people across Norfolk after a contract with Norfolk County Council's children's services was renewed for a fifth year.
The charity has supported more than 80 young people since it started organising fun activities through the council. The new council money will be given out for one year.
Social activities for under 18s are put on during the evenings, weekends, school and college holidays.
These include discos, theme park visits, shopping trips, sailing excursions and train trips, among other special events.
For more information about the charity's youth services, contact Emily Lown on 01263 515230 or email email@example.com
Alternatively visit www.aboutwithfriends.co.uk
- 1 Norfolk-born entrepreneur is second richest person in country
- 2 Cafe and shop along Norfolk Broads up for sale with 'rare opportunity'
- 3 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
- 4 100 East Anglian events you cannot miss this summer
- 5 Morgan the model moggie raises £1,000s for other animals
- 6 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 7 The north Norfolk roads closing for the Queen's Jubilee
- 8 Hundreds of motors park up for classic vehicle day at Norfolk gardens
- 9 Cash boost for church campaign backed by Normal for Norfolk star
- 10 'Amazing' display of cascading poppies now on display in Cromer