Could you stomach the ‘fry-up challenge’ for the NHS?
- Credit: Archant
Anyone looking for a tasty way to help the health service can now take part in a super-sized challenge.
Bradlie Tucker, who runs the Sheringham-based Tuckers Tuck In food van, has started offering the challenge for £12. People taking part have been timing - and often filming themselves - along with making a donation to the NHS.
Inside the very large challenge bun are three four ounce burgers, three jumbo sausages, five rashers of bacon, four eggs, cheese, onion and mushrooms.
Mr Tucker said: “I’ve had lots of people order and support me and I’ve had four people take on this monstrous challenge.”
Mr Tucker said the fastest eater was so far Mike Waters, who demolished the feast in 12 minutes 15 seconds.
You may also want to watch:
Sam Moffatt was second on 14:30. Michael Bidwell and Dave Waters have also taken on the challenge.
Mr Tucker said: “All local lads went live on Facebook and times themselves is support for the NHS workers and donations will be going to the NHS to save lives.”
- 1 North Norfolk key workers share impact of fuel panic buying
- 2 Revealed: The 10 most expensive villages in Norfolk
- 3 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 4 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 5 Steam engine naming ceremony to mark Royal British Legion centenary
- 6 Delays expected on part of A149 during upcoming road resurfacing
- 7 'Very disappointing' - Vandals smash and burn toilets
- 8 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 9 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
- 10 Happisburgh's 'relentless' erosion captured in stunning photo essay
Since the coronavirus pandemic it’s hit businesses like mine very hard not being able to trade normally
“I thought I’d keep up the spirit and try my best doing a takeaway and delivery service from Weybourne Road on Fridays and Saturdays 8am-2pm.”
The food van also sells cakes and more traditionally-sized fry up meals.
To place an order, call 07904 003197.