Tennis club closes amid coronavirus concerns
- Credit: Archant
Cromer’s tennis club has shut its doors due to the coronavirus.
Kelvin van Hasselt, chairman of the Cromer Lawn Tennis and Squash Club, said this included all facilities and events including quiz nights and an upcoming AGM.
Mr van Hasselt said staff would continued to be paid as normal.
He said: “I know how much all of you will miss your tennis, racquetball, squash, table tennis, pilates, fitness classes and so many other activities taking place at the club every week.
“It is though our civic duty to abide by this clear government advice for the sake of our fellow citizens for what hopefully may be a limited period.
“The committee owes a responsibility to the safety and well-being of all our members, many of whom are in the upper age bracket and with conditions that make them vulnerable to coronavirus.”
Mr van Hasselt said the closure was now in force from today (March 17) until further notice.
- 1 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 2 Security fears raised over Badersfield asylum seeker plan
- 3 'A coffee shop was a childhood dream' - Q&A with Mel Benns
- 4 5 TV shows and films shot in Norfolk getting released in 2022
- 5 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 6 Siberian dogs are finding new Norfolk homes thanks to three animal lovers
- 7 Bid to change use of north Norfolk B&B to residential home
- 8 Bid to open glampsite in north Norfolk meadow
- 9 Arrive by boat at new Norfolk wedding venue
- 10 The most beautiful places to live in Norfolk - according to estate agents