Stunning appaloosa pony Cookie will celebrate his 21st birthday at Norfolk horse sanctuary
- Credit: Archant
A rescued horse is celebrating his 21st birthday at a Norfolk horse sanctuary.
Stunning appaloosa pony Cookie – famous for his adorable dotty appearance – was chosen to join Redwings' adoption scheme earlier this year to commemorate the 10th anniversary of his rescue from Spindle Farm, near Amersham in Buckinghamshire.
Cookie and 100 other horses, ponies and donkeys were discovered living without food, water or basic care.
Visitors to Redwings, Aylsham on Sunday, June 24, from 11.30am, can meet Cookie during a parade, watch the birthday boy tuck into his own cake and join in with a quiz trail and party games.
As part of the adoption scheme, supporters can sponsor Cookie for £15 per year.
You may also want to watch:
Redwings Aylsham, in Spa Lane, is open every Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday (closed on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays) 10am to 4pm, and entry is free.
To sponsor Cookie, visit www.redwings.org.uk/adopting
- 1 Gelato and chocolate shop to open two new Norfolk stores
- 2 £20,000 recording studio set to open in market town bank vault
- 3 Council claws back affordable homes after costly blunder
- 4 Couple put up for sale £1.1m barn they saved from demolition
- 5 100-year-old free town guide launches biggest edition yet
- 6 Man denies murder of 42-year-old who was stabbed in neck
- 7 Man taken to hospital after crash near Aylsham
- 8 Council puts former public toilets on seafront up for rent
- 9 Prince Philip's humorous Norfolk care home visit remembered
- 10 The Original Factory Shop set to open in Cromer