Consultation opens into Vattenfall’s north Norfolk Boreas offshore wind farm project
- Credit: Archant
Energy firm Vattenfall have invited the public to give their views on the impact of one of the world's largest wind farms, to be built off the north Norfolk coast.
The Swedish power giant behind the Norfolk Vanguard and Norfolk Boreas wind farms has published a statement of community consultation into the Boreas project, ahead of opening a public consultation period next month.
The Boreas wind farm would be situated 73km east of the north Norfolk coast and consist of between 90 and 200 turbines.
Power generated there would come onshore at Happisburgh, and connect to the National Grid at a Necton substation, via underground cables.
The consultation statement is available to view free of charge at the following locations:
- Aylsham Library
- Breckland District Council
- 1 'Rare' blue lobster found by Norfolk fisherman
- 2 Vandals target Banksy artwork in Cromer
- 3 Michael Bublé concert bans chairs and blankets from gig
- 4 Broads bridge in north Norfolk to close this year for roadworks
- 5 'One in a million' town haberdasher dies at 80
- 6 Norfolk woman wins national science teaching award
- 7 North Norfolk pub re-opens as a hotel
- 8 Popular 'cheese with no name' finally gets a name
- 9 Holiday let plan for farm's former train wagons
- 10 Sinkhole delays should be over 'today'
- Broadland District Council
- Dereham Library
- Great Yarmouth Borough Council
- North Norfolk District Council
- North Walsham Library
- Norwich City Council
- Norwich Millenium Library
- Swaffham Library
It can also be read online at www.vattenfall.co.uk/norfolkboreas.
The public consultation period will open on Wednesday, November 7, and end at 11.59pm on Sunday, December 9.
During this time comments on the project from the public will be received by Vattenfall.
To give your view on the project during this time, either visit www.vattenfall.co.uk/norfolkboreas, email firstname.lastname@example.org, call Freephone 0800 019 3517, or write to Freepost Norfolk Boreas (no stamp required).
Consultation events will also be held throughout November in the following locations:
- Happisburgh - The Wenn Evans Centre, Wednesday, November 14, 1-7pm.
- Aylsham - Aylsham Town Hall, Thursday, November 15, 1-7pm.
- Necton - Necton Rural Community Centre, Friday, November 16, 1-7pm.
- Norwich - The Forum, Wednesday, November 21, 1-7pm.
- Dereham - Dereham Sixth Form College, Thursday, November 22, 1-7pm.
- North Walsham - North Walsham Community Centre, Friday, November 23, 1-7pm
- Reepham - St Michael's Church, Saturday, November 24, 10-3pm.