Consultation opens into Vattenfall’s north Norfolk Boreas offshore wind farm project
- Credit: Archant
Energy firm Vattenfall have invited the public to give their views on the impact of one of the world's largest wind farms, to be built off the north Norfolk coast.
The Swedish power giant behind the Norfolk Vanguard and Norfolk Boreas wind farms has published a statement of community consultation into the Boreas project, ahead of opening a public consultation period next month.
The Boreas wind farm would be situated 73km east of the north Norfolk coast and consist of between 90 and 200 turbines.
Power generated there would come onshore at Happisburgh, and connect to the National Grid at a Necton substation, via underground cables.
The consultation statement is available to view free of charge at the following locations:
You may also want to watch:
- Aylsham Library
- Breckland District Council
- 1 Gelato and chocolate shop to open two new Norfolk stores
- 2 £20,000 recording studio set to open in market town bank vault
- 3 Council claws back affordable homes after costly blunder
- 4 Couple put up for sale £1.1m barn they saved from demolition
- 5 100-year-old free town guide launches biggest edition yet
- 6 Man denies murder of 42-year-old who was stabbed in neck
- 7 Man taken to hospital after crash near Aylsham
- 8 Prince Philip's humorous Norfolk care home visit remembered
- 9 Council puts former public toilets on seafront up for rent
- 10 The Original Factory Shop set to open in Cromer
- Broadland District Council
- Dereham Library
- Great Yarmouth Borough Council
- North Norfolk District Council
- North Walsham Library
- Norwich City Council
- Norwich Millenium Library
- Swaffham Library
It can also be read online at www.vattenfall.co.uk/norfolkboreas.
The public consultation period will open on Wednesday, November 7, and end at 11.59pm on Sunday, December 9.
During this time comments on the project from the public will be received by Vattenfall.
To give your view on the project during this time, either visit www.vattenfall.co.uk/norfolkboreas, email firstname.lastname@example.org, call Freephone 0800 019 3517, or write to Freepost Norfolk Boreas (no stamp required).
Consultation events will also be held throughout November in the following locations:
- Happisburgh - The Wenn Evans Centre, Wednesday, November 14, 1-7pm.
- Aylsham - Aylsham Town Hall, Thursday, November 15, 1-7pm.
- Necton - Necton Rural Community Centre, Friday, November 16, 1-7pm.
- Norwich - The Forum, Wednesday, November 21, 1-7pm.
- Dereham - Dereham Sixth Form College, Thursday, November 22, 1-7pm.
- North Walsham - North Walsham Community Centre, Friday, November 23, 1-7pm
- Reepham - St Michael's Church, Saturday, November 24, 10-3pm.