Concern grows for missing 75-year-old woman
- Credit: Archant
Concerns are growing for the welfare of a missing 75-year-old woman.
June Turner, from Bacton Road, North Walsham, was reported missing to police at 12.15pm on Tuesday, October 22.
She was last seen at about 8am on Monday, October 21, near Sainsbury's in the town.
Inspector Teresa Futter, who is leading the searches, said: "Officers are continuing to search the local area with help from Norfolk Lowland Search and Rescue.
"June's disappearance is extremely out of character and as more time passes, our concern grows, especially with Tuesday night's low temperatures.
"I would urge people to look out for June in the local area and to contact police immediately if they know of her whereabouts."
She described as white, 5ft 2 tall, and she has short brown permed hair. She is believed to be wearing a long navy and white woollen jumper, blue jeans, brown shoes, a blue baseball cap and a black puffer jacket.
- 1 Theatre director's planning bid branded 'an attempt to rewrite history'
- 2 Light it up! Hundreds flock to Cromer Christmas festival
- 3 New 'boutique hotel' for hedgehogs opens in north Norfolk
- 4 Delving into north Norfolk's rich railway history with the U3A
- 5 'I'd throw a massive street party' - Q&A with Tracey Ringwood
- 6 German filmmaker's 'love letter to Britain' features famous Norfolk show
- 7 Village sub postmistress hangs up her date stamp after 24 years
- 8 Fury at bikers' who rode over dead seal pup
- 9 Bid to build 70-bed care home and 24 affordable houses
- 10 Your say: How would you improve Holt?
Anyone who may have seen her, or who knows of her whereabouts, should call Norfolk police immediately on 101, quoting CAD 156 of Tuesday, October 22.