Concern grows for missing 75-year-old woman
- Credit: Archant
Concerns are growing for the welfare of a missing 75-year-old woman.
June Turner, from Bacton Road, North Walsham, was reported missing to police at 12.15pm on Tuesday, October 22.
She was last seen at about 8am on Monday, October 21, near Sainsbury's in the town.
Inspector Teresa Futter, who is leading the searches, said: "Officers are continuing to search the local area with help from Norfolk Lowland Search and Rescue.
"June's disappearance is extremely out of character and as more time passes, our concern grows, especially with Tuesday night's low temperatures.
"I would urge people to look out for June in the local area and to contact police immediately if they know of her whereabouts."
She described as white, 5ft 2 tall, and she has short brown permed hair. She is believed to be wearing a long navy and white woollen jumper, blue jeans, brown shoes, a blue baseball cap and a black puffer jacket.
- 1 Norfolk-born entrepreneur is second richest person in country
- 2 Spitfire to soar over north Norfolk for jubilee
- 3 Two Norfolk seaside hotels named among the best in Britain
- 4 Hundreds of motors park up for classic vehicle day at Norfolk gardens
- 5 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
- 6 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 7 Man found dead at parents' home suffered 'sharp decline' in mental health
- 8 Homes in Norfolk amongst least likely to be burgled
- 9 Norfolk zoo welcomes birth of rare South American mammal
- 10 Cafe and shop along Norfolk Broads up for sale with 'rare opportunity'
Anyone who may have seen her, or who knows of her whereabouts, should call Norfolk police immediately on 101, quoting CAD 156 of Tuesday, October 22.