Computer plan for village halls
A scheme to install computers at village halls is ready for take off in north Norfolk.The unemployed youngsters behind the project will soon be pulling a warplane down a runway to help get the fundraising off the ground.
A scheme to install computers at village halls is ready for take off in north Norfolk.
The unemployed youngsters behind the project will soon be pulling a warplane down a runway to help get the fundraising off the ground.
Villagers at Bacton, Mundesley, Trunch and Dilham will be the first to benefit from the project, which is part of a 20-week Prince's Trust course designed to improve the CVs of 16- to 25-year-old jobseekers by giving them the experience and skills to help them find a permanent job.
The band of 10 youngsters want to raise £500 to set up computers with internet access in village halls.
The project was inspired when the group discovered cut-price equipment from a school and business which were replacing their computers.
Nick Stanley, 18, who is on the course, said they wanted to give the parishes an opportunity to get people online.
- 1 Norfolk's bee-eaters: Your pictures of the Trimingham colony
- 2 Stunning bee-eaters draw over 5,000 bird watchers to north Norfolk coast
- 3 Public toilets in north Norfolk 'swamped' by campervan waste
- 4 Town Post Office opening date revealed
- 5 Banking counter to open after town's last branch closes
- 6 Historic town centre shop could become home
- 7 Sainsbury's moves to quash rumour of till closures at Norfolk store
- 8 Competition offers free week at Cromer beach chalet
- 9 Feuding local leaders meet - but both leave unsatisfied
- 10 Parked cars prevent buses from serving north Norfolk village
With negotiations with internet service providers under way, the troupe are hoping to have the equipment up and running in the coming weeks.
To raise money for the project the group is doing a sponsored Tornado “pull” at RAF Marham where the 10 volunteers will pull a 14,000 kg Tornado aircraft along a runway.
If you would like to sponsor the group, contact Adrian Taylor on 07917 351097.