Community in shock after body of an 18-year-old found dead at Gresham’s School in Holt
- Credit: Archant
The body of an 18-year-old woman was found at the Gresham's School in Holt on Saturday, it has been confirmed.
Holt Town councillor John Allison has spoken of his shock at hearing the news of the 18-year-old woman found dead at Gresham's.
He said: 'It is very sad and I am very concerned about it. My sympathies and thoughts go out to the family.'
The school confirmed yesterday that the body was found in a dormitory at the school at about 7.30am.
A statement said: 'Emergency services were immediately called and on arrival they determined that the young woman had tragically lost her life. Her death is not being treated as suspicious.
'The identity of the pupil concerned will remain confidential for the immediate period out of respect for the family. The thoughts and prayers of the whole school are with the family and friends of the young woman.'
Police have since confirmed they are investigating the incident.
- 1 Fury at bikers' who rode over dead seal pup
- 2 Bid to build 70-bed care home and 24 affordable houses
- 3 Your say: How would you improve Holt?
- 4 German filmmaker's 'love letter to Britain' features famous Norfolk show
- 5 'I'd throw a massive street party' - Q&A with Tracey Ringwood
- 6 Where and when you can park for free in north Norfolk this Christmas
- 7 School closed its doors for three days after Covid outbreak
- 8 Amelia Reynolds: 'I've learned to live a bit more in the present - enjoy the right now'
- 9 What's in a Broad? Delving beneath the surface of Norfolk's wonderful waterways
- 10 Delving into north Norfolk's rich railway history with the U3A
A police spokesman said: 'Police were called to an address in Cromer Road, Holt, shortly after 7.30am on Saturday 30 April following reports the body of an 18-year-old woman had been discovered.
'Paramedics attended but the woman was sadly confirmed dead at the scene. The death is not being treated as suspicious and a file will be prepared for Her Majesty's Coroner.'