Trailblazing gym now offering more versatile hours in Norfolk town
- Credit: Archant
New members are welcome at a Norfolk community gym which has moved and now offers more versatile hours.
After eight happy years at Stalham Baptist Church, Stalham Community Gym has moved to Stalham Poppy Centre at the Recreation Ground.
The gym, now a registered charity, blazed the trail for other community gyms in the county.
Jenny Smith, honorary secretary, said: 'We first opened our doors in April 2010, thanks to a National Lottery grant.
'With health and well-being a number one priority these days, having an affordable community gym on the doorstep is quite unique.'
You may also want to watch:
New hours of opening are Mondays and Thursdays, 7am-noon, Tuesdays and Thursdays, 5-8pm, and Sundays, 9am-noon. Membership fees stay the same - £20 per month for unlimited use.
Anyone looking to join is welcome to pop in and have a chat with Paul O'Connell, fitness professional, or call him on 07910 748111.
- 1 Market organiser vows big return after weather fears spark cancellation
- 2 Stunning sunset artwork being raffled for new cancer centre
- 3 Objectors gather to protest against 60ft 5G phone mast plans
- 4 Classic cars raise hundreds for charity at Mundesley Motor Show
- 5 Father and son rescued after being swept out to sea
- 6 Tell us: Why young people move away from Norfolk
- 7 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 8 Rescuers called as seaside visitors cut off by high tide
- 9 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 10 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected