Trailblazing gym now offering more versatile hours in Norfolk town
- Credit: Archant
New members are welcome at a Norfolk community gym which has moved and now offers more versatile hours.
After eight happy years at Stalham Baptist Church, Stalham Community Gym has moved to Stalham Poppy Centre at the Recreation Ground.
The gym, now a registered charity, blazed the trail for other community gyms in the county.
Jenny Smith, honorary secretary, said: 'We first opened our doors in April 2010, thanks to a National Lottery grant.
'With health and well-being a number one priority these days, having an affordable community gym on the doorstep is quite unique.'
New hours of opening are Mondays and Thursdays, 7am-noon, Tuesdays and Thursdays, 5-8pm, and Sundays, 9am-noon. Membership fees stay the same - £20 per month for unlimited use.
Anyone looking to join is welcome to pop in and have a chat with Paul O'Connell, fitness professional, or call him on 07910 748111.
- 1 The north Norfolk roads closing for the Queen's Jubilee
- 2 Norfolk-born entrepreneur is second richest person in country
- 3 Anne Boleyn's execution commemorated at Blickling
- 4 Landlord appeals against fine for 'excess cold and electrical hazards'
- 5 Cafe and shop along Norfolk Broads up for sale with 'rare opportunity'
- 6 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
- 7 Restaurant apologises after boy hospitalised with allergic reaction
- 8 'Long-awaited in the area' - New Norfolk deli celebrates local produce
- 9 North Walsham 'Live Aid' legend calls it a day after 17 years
- 10 'Amazing' display of cascading poppies now on display in Cromer