Trailblazing gym now offering more versatile hours in Norfolk town
- Credit: Archant
New members are welcome at a Norfolk community gym which has moved and now offers more versatile hours.
After eight happy years at Stalham Baptist Church, Stalham Community Gym has moved to Stalham Poppy Centre at the Recreation Ground.
The gym, now a registered charity, blazed the trail for other community gyms in the county.
Jenny Smith, honorary secretary, said: 'We first opened our doors in April 2010, thanks to a National Lottery grant.
'With health and well-being a number one priority these days, having an affordable community gym on the doorstep is quite unique.'
You may also want to watch:
New hours of opening are Mondays and Thursdays, 7am-noon, Tuesdays and Thursdays, 5-8pm, and Sundays, 9am-noon. Membership fees stay the same - £20 per month for unlimited use.
Anyone looking to join is welcome to pop in and have a chat with Paul O'Connell, fitness professional, or call him on 07910 748111.
- 1 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 2 Campaigner 'more convinced than ever' about new light rail link
- 3 ‘Sore heads this morning’ - North Norfolk pubs enjoy first Saturday back
- 4 Cromer captured in stunning detail by academy students
- 5 'A fantastic success story' - Men's Shed celebrates new premises
- 6 Concern over state of beach following £22m sandscaping project
- 7 Bookings fly in as new dog grooming salon opens in town centre
- 8 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?
- 9 Tree planted in memory of Prince Philip
- 10 Success for town's first official scarecrow festival