Coltishall road works delayed by eight months
Work to improve the road surface of a north Norfolk road has been postponed for eight months,
Resurfacing of the B1150 at Coltishall, will take place in October this year.
The scheme was originally programmed for February half-term but clashes with work on the A1042/B1150 Norwich Chartwell Road/Constitution Hill roundabout on the ring road.
In a letter sent by the highways to Coltishall Parish Council, it states: 'It was deemed by our street works department that having two closures on the B1150 would become too much of a disruption to the public, especially those travelling from Norwich to North Walsham and visa-versa.'
Norfolk County Council are now planning to defer the North Walsham Road scheme back to the October half term, starting on Monday, October 24, and run both that and the Coltishall Church Lane Surfacing scheme, one after the other.
You may also want to watch:
In total, the work will take just over two-and-a-half weeks,
Both schemes will require a road closure, for the B1150 and B1354. Local businesses will be consulted.
- 1 Nature lovers' dream? Two wildlife paradises for sale
- 2 Dancers' dilemma: Pier show cast priced out by Airbnb
- 3 Fond farewell for lifelong Cromer crab fisherman
- 4 'A nightmare' - Roadworks cause traffic chaos in North Walsham
- 5 Demolition of seaside hotel begins
- 6 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 7 Daughter's tragic death from rare illness sparks dad's fundraiser
- 8 See inside the boutique hotel with spa centre reserved for guests
- 9 Cromer florist 'delighted' as new business flourishes
- 10 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?
John Harding, chair of Coltishall Parish Council, said they understood the reason for the delay and were just happy that the work was going to be carried out.