Coltishall base in search of a name
ALTERNATIVE names for the former RAF Coltishall, including a new suggestion, will be discussed at a public meeting later this month.Brickley Green has been added to the list of possible new names for the civilian community now moving into homes once occupied by service families.
ALTERNATIVE names for the former RAF Coltishall, including a new suggestion, will be discussed at a public meeting later this month.
Brickley Green has been added to the list of possible new names for the civilian community now moving into homes once occupied by service families.
Anyone with an interest in the subject is invited to Scottow Church on Thursday February 28, from 7pm-8.30pm.
The meeting has been called by Spencer Whalley, North Norfolk District councillor for Scottow, and the Rev Elizabeth Bailey, vicar of St Edwards Community Church on the former base.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Whalley said someone had recently discovered a community called Brickley Green on a map of 1837. It had existed to the right of the present runway.
Other contenders include Batley Green, a pre-second world war hamlet on the site, and variations of surrounding parish names.
- 1 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 2 New Sunday market to feature street food, music and crafters
- 3 Refusal recommended for firm's shipping container
- 4 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 5 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 6 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 7 Own a piece of paradise: One acre willow plantation for sale
- 8 Tributes paid to Lord Robert Walpole who has died aged 82
- 9 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 10 45,000 sign petition to save harbour railway
Residents at the meeting are also expected to air views on whether their community should share the same name as a prison planned for the site.