Warning over rogue traders offering garden furniture and gravel driveways
- Credit: Mike Page
Residents have been warned to be on their guard against rogue traders offering garden furniture for sale and to gravel driveways.
Norfolk Police said they had received reports of cold callers using a white Ford Transit tipper van in the Reepham area doorstepping residents offering to gravel driveways.
Police also said garden furniture was being offered by a cold caller in the Aylshsham area.
A spokesman said: 'A man was reported to be offering to sell garden furniture to householders and was seen to return to a sign-written white Mercedes Sprinter van.
'We advise never to deal with anyone who cold calls at your property or approaches you in the street offering to sell you something.'
You may also want to watch:
Police said residents shouldn't hire anyone who had knocked on their door for work such as gravelling driveways.
They said: 'If you are looking to have this type of work done, only deal with reputable companies you have researched and chosen yourself and have obtained a written quotation from.'
Anyone concerned about cold callers or rogue trader activity can contact the police through their partners, Citizens Advice, via the consumer helpline 03454 040506 or online at www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer.
Reputable traders can be found online via the Norfolk Trusted Trader scheme at www.norfolk.gov.uk/trustedtrader.
- 1 Your say - What is your favourite restaurant in north Norfolk?
- 2 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 3 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 4 Vets announces temporary closure due to staff shortages
- 5 Appeal to find missing man from London last seen at Norfolk campsite
- 6 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 7 The sea has to be respected - so why don’t people learn?
- 8 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 9 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 10 Coastguard joins search for missing London man last seen in Norfolk