Coastguard joins search for missing London man last seen in Norfolk
- Credit: Norfolk Police
Coastguard teams spent six hours searching for a missing man but were unable to locate him.
Jamie Mason from London was last seen at a campsite in Waxham on Friday morning (July 30), and is expected to have remained in the coastal areas of Norfolk.
Just after 6pm on Friday, Bacton and Gorleston Coastguard were tasked with helping to find the missing 46-year-old.
The teams searched the beach from Caister to Horsey, while Hemsby Lifeboat carried out a shoreline search.
Lowland Search and Rescue, meanwhile, focused on the area around Winterton dunes.
By midnight, the teams decided to suspend the search.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Mason is described as a white man, 5ft 8 inches in height, with short, dark hair and a stocky build.
Officers are concerned for his welfare welfare, and would like to hear from anyone who may have seen him.
- 1 People told to shut doors and windows after suspected gas leak
- 2 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 3 Excitement as heritage railway's 1940s weekend returns
- 4 Hundreds of noisy neighbour complaints in North Norfolk during pandemic
- 5 Drivers face delays due to temporary traffic lights
- 6 'The ultimate challenge' - The man building a boat to beat a world record
- 7 Delays expected on A149 due to roadworks
- 8 'A man of the people' - Heartfelt tribute to Bayfield Hall owner, Robin Combe
- 9 Open for business - new cancer centre accepts first patient
- 10 'Being driven inland' - Bus drivers can't afford coast, says company boss
Anyone with information is asked to contact Norfolk police on 101, quoting incident number 165 of 30 July.