Take a pew: New bench for park visitors
- Credit: Archant
A new £200 bench has been handed over to the Friends of North Lodge Park in Cromer.
The Co-op High Street store in the north Norfolk town has been raising money for the community group through sales of second-hand books and at till collections.
Barry Meadows, the friends' secretary, said: 'This money was used to buy a new park bench which was formally handed over by Stuart Vail, manager of the store in Cromer, and put in place near the North Lodge Park Tea Rooms.
'We have also been chosen for the next round of the Co-op Local Community Fund. From October 28, Co-op members can choose to give their 1pc to us when they spend on selected own-brand products and services. This is great news and shows the passion local people have for the charity.'
Also present at the unveiling were Samantha Annison, friends' chairman, and members Val Boon and Val McCampling.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 2 Wartime spirit fills north Norfolk as 1940s weekend returns
- 3 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 4 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 5 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 6 'Proud to be a Cromer fisherman' - Tributes paid to Norfolk stalwart
- 7 Cromer: gang throw glass bottles at group near beach
- 8 Parts of Norfolk at risk of heavy downpours
- 9 Tribute shows planned in memory of Paul Eastwood
- 10 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck