Club’s fantastic fund-raiser for little Lauren
Generous club members at Sheringham have raised �3,700 for sick baby Lauren Taylor, enabling her parents to buy special sensory equipment and a pushchair to improve the one-year-old's quality of life. The year-old tot suffers from a rare disorder which has left her blind, partially deaf, with a hole in the heart, kidney problems, extra toes and fingers, needs extra oxygen to breathe and has to be fed by tube.
The year-old tot suffers from a rare disorder which has left her blind, partially deaf, with a hole in the heart, kidney problems, extra toes and fingers, needs extra oxygen to breathe and has to be fed by tube.
Her parents, Emma and Glen, who were told Lauren was likely to die before she was six months, are keen to make her life as good as possible for as long as it lasts - and including providing a sensory stimulation room at their Sheringham home.
A fund-raising event at the town's Tyneside Club at the weekend raised nearly �3,000 pushing the total from the generous members to �3,700 - and enough to buy the bubble tube, lights, bean bag and special pushchair needed to boost Lauren's quality of life.
Mum Emma said: 'The club has been fantastic - rallying around with absolutely amazing community spirit, especially in these tough times.'
You may also want to watch:
Donated lots for an auction ranged from a woodburner stove and fruit machine to jewellery , beauty vouchers and signed Norwich City football shirt.
The grateful family took club regulars a thank you cake on Sunday and are aiming to buy, as soon as possible, the equipment for Lauren, who despite her many problems is 'cheeky' and enjoys bath time, ice cream and her sister's singing.
- 1 Man released on bail after reports of fight in village
- 2 Wartime spirit fills north Norfolk as 1940s weekend returns
- 3 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 4 WATCH: Pigs root out Second World War bomb
- 5 'Pass slow and wide' horse procession held in north Norfolk
- 6 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 7 Lifeboat crews called to help sinking fishing boat off Norfolk coast
- 8 Beavers hard at work transforming chalk stream after Norfolk introduction
- 9 New golfing trophy named after club stalwart
- 10 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub