Norfolk circus clown and magician pals set to bring a touch of Big Top magic to Norfolk village halls in new show
- Credit: Archant
A circus clown and a magician are hoping to bring a touch of big top sparkle to rural north Norfolk, in a six-month tour of village halls and community centres featuring comedy, magic, jugglers and acrobats.
Former Cromer High School student Evan Boothby, 25, who performs under the stage name of Robbie James, began doing magic tricks for his family and friends at the age of six.
He went on to appear on TV shows including Blue Peter and the BBC children's talent show The Slammer, before carving a career as an entertainer which saw him perform at events and attractions ranging from holiday parks and hotels, to weddings and children's birthday parties.
After a three-year stint entertaining holidaymakers in Spain, he returned to Norfolk a few months ago and joined a Christmas variety show staged every year at Brecklands tourist attraction Melsop Farm Park by circus clown Alex Morley.
Mr Morley, 28, who hails from Watton, joined the circus at the age of 17 and toured the country with London-based Zippo's Circus before taking on the job of producer and resident clown with north Norfolk regulars Russells.
You may also want to watch:
He then set up his own company and came up with the idea of taking the big top experience on tour as a way of marking the 250th anniversary of circus.
'I remember falling in love with the circus at the age of five and I liked the idea of going to smaller towns and villages as a way celebrating circus and of giving children who can't always get to big venues a chance to experience a live show,' he explained.
- 1 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 2 Campaigner 'more convinced than ever' about new light rail link
- 3 ‘Sore heads this morning’ - North Norfolk pubs enjoy first Saturday back
- 4 Cromer captured in stunning detail by academy students
- 5 'A fantastic success story' - Men's Shed celebrates new premises
- 6 Concern over state of beach following £22m sandscaping project
- 7 Bookings fly in as new dog grooming salon opens in town centre
- 8 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?
- 9 Tree planted in memory of Prince Philip
- 10 Success for town's first official scarecrow festival
Entitled Fun Time Circus, the show will feature comedy, magic and illusions from Mr Boothby and traditional clowning from Mr Morley, as well as a full supporting cast ranging from a juggler, to a troupe of Romanian acrobats.
'It is a fun-packed 90 minutes with something for all the family, from children, to grandparents,' Mr Boothby said.
Fun Time Circus will be at Northrepps Village Hall at 3pm on March 18 and at the Coronation Hall, Mundesley, on May 12 at 3pm. Tickets, priced £8 adults, £6 children, are available by phoning 07826 269343. For more information, and a full list of dates, visit the Alex Morley Productions Facebook page or www.mister-e-magic.co.uk