Climate change and its effect on coastline on agenda at meeting
- Credit: Archant
Politicans will debate climate change and its effect on the fragile Norfolk coastline at a free meeting.
The panel will consist of North Norfolk MP Sir Norman Lamb, Duncan Baker, Conservative prospective parliamentary candidate (PPC), Martin Langsdon, vice-chairman of North Norfolk Labour Party, and Mark Taylor, Green Party PPC.
There will be a presentation from Dr Hayley Pinto, chairman of Chain (Climate Hope Action In Norfolk), which is organising the event, plus questions from the audience.
Stephen Little, secretary of Chain, said: "We held a similar and successful event with Norwich South MP Clive Lewis in February at the Forum and are looking to repeat the trick with Sir Norman.
"North Norfolk, with its low-lying and fragile coastline, is uniquely vulnerable to climate change and there seems to be a rising level of interest in the issue."
You may also want to watch:
it's on Thursday, September 26, 6.30pm to 8.30pm, at St Andrew's Methodist Church, Sheringham.
- 1 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 2 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 3 Norfolk to get a 250-mile art trail - funded by European cash
- 4 House next to 384-year-old shop on market for £700k
- 5 What next for town, a year after supermarket inferno?
- 6 Tax in post: Only Fools and Horses van racks up fines
- 7 Daughter hopes to develop Norfolk's only working water mill
- 8 Ex-landlord, 95, pulls pint in his old pub after 32 years
- 9 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 10 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history