Climate change and its effect on coastline on agenda at meeting
- Credit: Archant
Politicans will debate climate change and its effect on the fragile Norfolk coastline at a free meeting.
The panel will consist of North Norfolk MP Sir Norman Lamb, Duncan Baker, Conservative prospective parliamentary candidate (PPC), Martin Langsdon, vice-chairman of North Norfolk Labour Party, and Mark Taylor, Green Party PPC.
There will be a presentation from Dr Hayley Pinto, chairman of Chain (Climate Hope Action In Norfolk), which is organising the event, plus questions from the audience.
Stephen Little, secretary of Chain, said: "We held a similar and successful event with Norwich South MP Clive Lewis in February at the Forum and are looking to repeat the trick with Sir Norman.
"North Norfolk, with its low-lying and fragile coastline, is uniquely vulnerable to climate change and there seems to be a rising level of interest in the issue."
You may also want to watch:
it's on Thursday, September 26, 6.30pm to 8.30pm, at St Andrew's Methodist Church, Sheringham.
- 1 North Norfolk care home put into special measures
- 2 Street food business goes from strength to strength despite lockdown
- 3 Schools in Norfolk closed or partially shut due to coronavirus
- 4 'It just got out of hand' - Biking baker celebrates five year anniversary
- 5 How Norfolk and Waveney MPs voted in coronavirus tiers vote
- 6 'It all turned out well' - town sparkles as Christmas lights switched on
- 7 Dead sperm whale washes up on Norfolk coast
- 8 It's Strictly Christmas! Pier's new-look festive show about to launch
- 9 Front door set on fire during early morning arson attack in village
- 10 Covid-19 vaccine: who will get it, when and how?