Outdoor dance concert will pay tribute to Keith Flint of The Prodigy
- Credit: Archant
A special tribute to The Prodigy frontman Keith Flint will be part of this year's Classiz Ibiza outdoor dance concert at Blickling Estate.
And anyone planning on going to the Friday, August 9 event can now vote for other tracks they want added to the set list to be performed by a 32-piece Urban Soul Orchestra, DJ Goldierocks and live vocalists.
Stephen Hussey, the orchestra's founder and conductor, said of the tribute to Flint, who died in March this year: 'We got a lot of comments on Facebook following the sad passing of Keith Flint, so Firestarter, the track that he is best remembered for, goes straight in. I'm sure the amazing Blickling audience will help us perform a fitting tribute to a truly iconic artist.'
Last year's track poll received more than 10,000 votes, and shortlisted tracks for this year include:
You Got the Love by The Source featuring Candi Staton, Not Over Yet by Grace; When Love Takes Over by David Guetta featuring Kelly Rowland and For an Angel by Paul van Dyk.
You may also want to watch:
Other tracks include Groove is in the Heart by Deee-Lite, Everybody's Free by Rozalla and Finally by CeCe Peniston.
Lisa Ward, director of organisers Revival Productions, said: 'These tracks span the various generations of dance music.
- 1 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 2 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 3 Joy as town's beer and gin festival set to return
- 4 From Bradley Walsh to a charity bed push - hospital's history told in new wall feature
- 5 Canal restoration resumes as lockdown winds up
- 6 Magnet fishermen catch a stolen moped in broad
- 7 Family's bid to fund 'life-changing' operation for brave Kaiden, eight
- 8 Cafe reveals exciting revamp as town gets ready to reopen
- 9 Lib Dems pick new leader for Norfolk County Council group
- 10 Shock as public toilets torched FOUR times
'There are some real classics in there, old and new. One of the things that makes Classic Ibiza so great is that it appeals to those of us that were there at the beginning and those still clubbing today.
'We're constantly trawling house music's rich archive to freshen up the programme and will be performing a total of 11 new tracks this year.
'I can't wait to hear them played live.'
The concert starts in the afternoon and visitors enjoy picnics and drinks as the sun goes down, before the action heats up and a laser show kicks into gear to accompany the music. Car parking is free and there will be food and drink available to buy there.
Votes can be made through the Classic Ibiza Facebook page until April 28.
For more information about the concert or to book tickets, visit www.classicibiza.co.uk.