Outdoor dance concert will pay tribute to Keith Flint of The Prodigy
- Credit: Archant
A special tribute to The Prodigy frontman Keith Flint will be part of this year's Classiz Ibiza outdoor dance concert at Blickling Estate.
And anyone planning on going to the Friday, August 9 event can now vote for other tracks they want added to the set list to be performed by a 32-piece Urban Soul Orchestra, DJ Goldierocks and live vocalists.
Stephen Hussey, the orchestra's founder and conductor, said of the tribute to Flint, who died in March this year: 'We got a lot of comments on Facebook following the sad passing of Keith Flint, so Firestarter, the track that he is best remembered for, goes straight in. I'm sure the amazing Blickling audience will help us perform a fitting tribute to a truly iconic artist.'
Last year's track poll received more than 10,000 votes, and shortlisted tracks for this year include:
You Got the Love by The Source featuring Candi Staton, Not Over Yet by Grace; When Love Takes Over by David Guetta featuring Kelly Rowland and For an Angel by Paul van Dyk.
You may also want to watch:
Other tracks include Groove is in the Heart by Deee-Lite, Everybody's Free by Rozalla and Finally by CeCe Peniston.
Lisa Ward, director of organisers Revival Productions, said: 'These tracks span the various generations of dance music.
- 1 Two teenagers arrested following arson at a public toilet
- 2 Vintage train fires up for festive services
- 3 Covid marshals hit the streets in north Norfolk
- 4 Cromer-filmed movie starring Lily James and Ralph Fiennes coming to Netflix in January
- 5 'Festive fun for all' - Thursford's Enchanted Journey Of Light wows on opening night
- 6 Review: Strictly Christmas at Cromer Pier
- 7 New benches at North Lodge Park
- 8 Plans for 52 new homes in Holt recommended for approval despite concerns
- 9 Farms, former rail lines and old buildings set to be sold off by council
- 10 Busy petrol station on A140 closes due to 'unforeseen circumstances'
'There are some real classics in there, old and new. One of the things that makes Classic Ibiza so great is that it appeals to those of us that were there at the beginning and those still clubbing today.
'We're constantly trawling house music's rich archive to freshen up the programme and will be performing a total of 11 new tracks this year.
'I can't wait to hear them played live.'
The concert starts in the afternoon and visitors enjoy picnics and drinks as the sun goes down, before the action heats up and a laser show kicks into gear to accompany the music. Car parking is free and there will be food and drink available to buy there.
Votes can be made through the Classic Ibiza Facebook page until April 28.
For more information about the concert or to book tickets, visit www.classicibiza.co.uk.