County’s finest classic cars gather at beautiful north Norfolk venue
- Credit: Stody Lodge
Hundred of classic vehicles rumbled through the gardens of the Stody Estate near Holt this weekend as crowds turned out to see some of the county's finest motors in action.
The 'Vehicle of the Day' was presented to Chris and Hilary King, the he proud owners of a beautiful 'Spatted' RME Riley built in 1954 with a one and a half litre twin cam engine.
The judges praised the car's excellent condition and how it had been restored to a 'perfect level.' In particular, they admired how the owners had retained the 'beautiful patina of the original dashboard and seating.'
Tucked in between the back seats of the Riley was 'Teddy,' Mrs King's childhood teddy bear who was made in 1954, the same year as the car.
The Classic Vehicles Day on May 13 forms part of a series of events taking place at Stody Lodge Gardens this month.
Next up is an exhibition of work by local artists, wood sculptor Martin Pigg and painter Tracy Weston, from Sunday, May 20, to Bank Holiday Monday on May 28.
In addition, the Stody Big Gay Out will take place on Saturday 26th May. This day will be a special invitation to and celebration of the LGBT+ community and will raise funds for Norwich's 10th anniversary Pride parade on Saturday, July 28. All members of the public welcome.
- 1 Public toilets in north Norfolk 'swamped' by campervan waste
- 2 Sainsbury's moves to quash rumour of till closures at Norfolk store
- 3 Banking counter to open after town's last branch closes
- 4 Village pub reopening after £200k refurbishment
- 5 New chef brings taste of the Med to town cafe
- 6 Competition offers free week at Cromer beach chalet
- 7 Person injured and road blocked after north Norfolk crash
- 8 Norfolk's bee-eaters: Your pictures of the Trimingham colony
- 9 Bird watchers set to flock to Norfolk quarry after rare bee-eaters spotted
- 10 Most desirable places to live in Norfolk according to estate agents
Stody Lodge Gardens is open 1pm-5pm all Sundays in May, Tuesday 15 and Wednesday 16 May, from Tuesday 22 to Friday 26 May inclusive, and Bank Holiday Monday 28, May 2018.
Entrance is £6, children under 12 free, payable by cash only.
Midweek groups and coach tours welcome by appointment. Please call 01263 863994 or email email@example.com
Please visit www.stodylodgegardens.co.uk for further information.