Classic car and bike rally at Skeyton pub raises thousands for meningitis research
A north Norfolk classic car event has raised almost £10,000 for charity after choosing to support meningitis research.
Thousands visited The Goat Inn, Skeyton, for the annual classic car and bike rally.
Held on Sunday, May 20, guests enjoyed 450 exhibitors, a car boot sale, beer tent, hog roast, and live music.
And sponsors DMD Auto Services of Lammas, awarded trophies to winning vehicles.
The pub's owners supported The Meningitis Research Foundation in memory of Ryan and Joe Sweatman, who both died as a result of the disease.
You may also want to watch:
The total raised came to £9,423, which brought the total raised in the Sweatman's memory to £125,600.
Gina Weston said: 'All the staff at The Goat Inn and some of Ryan's friends and family, worked incredibly hard to put on this event.
- 1 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 2 Beavers hard at work transforming chalk stream after Norfolk introduction
- 3 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 4 Man released on bail after reports of fight in village
- 5 See inside this converted Victorian school on sale for £650,000
- 6 Lifeboat crews called to help sinking fishing boat off Norfolk coast
- 7 Wartime spirit fills north Norfolk as 1940s weekend returns
- 8 New golfing trophy named after club stalwart
- 9 WATCH: Pigs root out Second World War bomb
- 10 Hundreds of noisy neighbour complaints in North Norfolk during pandemic
'As usual it was a huge success and my family and I are very grateful for their very generous donation in memory of my sons.'