Classic car and bike rally at Skeyton pub raises thousands for meningitis research
A north Norfolk classic car event has raised almost £10,000 for charity after choosing to support meningitis research.
Thousands visited The Goat Inn, Skeyton, for the annual classic car and bike rally.
Held on Sunday, May 20, guests enjoyed 450 exhibitors, a car boot sale, beer tent, hog roast, and live music.
And sponsors DMD Auto Services of Lammas, awarded trophies to winning vehicles.
The pub's owners supported The Meningitis Research Foundation in memory of Ryan and Joe Sweatman, who both died as a result of the disease.
You may also want to watch:
The total raised came to £9,423, which brought the total raised in the Sweatman's memory to £125,600.
Gina Weston said: 'All the staff at The Goat Inn and some of Ryan's friends and family, worked incredibly hard to put on this event.
- 1 £20,000 recording studio set to open in market town bank vault
- 2 Gelato and chocolate shop to open two new Norfolk stores
- 3 Prince Philip's humorous Norfolk care home visit remembered
- 4 Couple put up for sale £1.1m barn they saved from demolition
- 5 The Original Factory Shop set to open in Cromer
- 6 Council claws back affordable homes after costly blunder
- 7 Council puts former public toilets on seafront up for rent
- 8 Man taken to hospital after crash near Aylsham
- 9 Election 2021: Norfolk County Council candidates published
- 10 Man denies murder of 42-year-old who was stabbed in neck
'As usual it was a huge success and my family and I are very grateful for their very generous donation in memory of my sons.'