Classic car and bike rally at Skeyton pub raises thousands for meningitis research
A north Norfolk classic car event has raised almost £10,000 for charity after choosing to support meningitis research.
Thousands visited The Goat Inn, Skeyton, for the annual classic car and bike rally.
Held on Sunday, May 20, guests enjoyed 450 exhibitors, a car boot sale, beer tent, hog roast, and live music.
And sponsors DMD Auto Services of Lammas, awarded trophies to winning vehicles.
The pub's owners supported The Meningitis Research Foundation in memory of Ryan and Joe Sweatman, who both died as a result of the disease.
You may also want to watch:
The total raised came to £9,423, which brought the total raised in the Sweatman's memory to £125,600.
Gina Weston said: 'All the staff at The Goat Inn and some of Ryan's friends and family, worked incredibly hard to put on this event.
- 1 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 2 'We love this street' - New deli opens in Cromer
- 3 'Know the waters are dangerous' - Rip tide warning following rescue from Norfolk beach
- 4 Charity horse ride around north Norfolk estate planned
- 5 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 6 Parents urged to talk to their children about vandalism at skate park
- 7 New rules for coastal care home in special measures
- 8 Covid memorial to be created - but it will disappear after four hours
- 9 Rescued pony arrives at new home on celebrity's farm
- 10 Could you be a gilly warden? Ex-quayside volunteer hopes role is revived
'As usual it was a huge success and my family and I are very grateful for their very generous donation in memory of my sons.'