Circus and magic show set to conjure up some cash for annual family fun day
- Credit: Archant
A pair of entertainer pals are hoping to add a touch of magic to North Walsham's annual family fun day, by donating part of the proceeds of a circus-themed variety show they are staging at the town's Atrium community arts centre to the popular summertime event.
Multi-talented former Cromer High School student Robbie James, who began doing magic tricks for his family and friends at the age of six and went on to appear on TV shows including Blue Peter, has been entertaining audiences with his comedy, magic and singing skills for more than ten years.
After a three-year stint entertaining holidaymakers in Spain, he returned to Norfolk a year ago and began performing with Watton-based circus clown Alex Morley, who toured the country with London-based Zippo's Circus before taking on the job of producer and resident clown with Norfolk regulars Russells International Circus.
Since setting up Alex Morley Productions a couple of years ago, he has hosted regular variety shows at Melsop Park Farm, at Scoulton, also teaming up with Robbie to take a family circus show featuring comedy, magic, jugglers and acrobats on a tour of village halls in Norfolk, Suffolk and Essex.
The pair, whose latest venture has seen them host 'laughter care' shows at residential homes and day centres, came up with the idea of staging a family show at the Atrium after being asked by North Walsham Fun Day organisers for their support.
You may also want to watch:
'A lot of what we do involves working in smaller communities, so we know just how important these events are,' Alex said. 'And, because we regularly perform in the area, we thought it would be nice to do something for people who know us.' .
The show will feature, comedy, magic and illusions from Robbie and traditional clowning from Alex, with a supporting cast ranging from acrobats, to mascot characters.
- 1 Wartime spirit fills north Norfolk as 1940s weekend returns
- 2 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 3 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 4 7 of the prettiest streets in Norfolk
- 5 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 6 WATCH: Pigs root out Second World War bomb
- 7 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 8 'Pass slow and wide' horse procession held in north Norfolk
- 9 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 10 In pictures: Marvellous costumes at previous 1940s festivals
'We think it will be a great event, not just for kids, but for the whole familiy,' Alex said.
Fun Time Circus, featuring comedy, magic, acrobatics and circus skills, will be at The Atrium, Spenser Avenue, North Walsham, at 3pm on November 10. Tickets, priced £12 adults, £10 children, are available by phoning 01953 665001 or from www.ticketsource.co.uk/alexmorleyproductions