Chance to raise twice the money at ‘big brew’ event in north Norfolk
- Credit: Archant
Churches in the Poppyland area of north Norfolk will be putting on the kettle to raise money for the Traidcraft charity during Fairtrade Fortnight.
They will be holding a 'big brew' coffee morning on Saturday, March 10, between 10am and 1pm, at Overstrand Church to support the charity's appeal to help people in developing countries who have the talent and determination to succeed but lack the opportunity.
This year every donation will be matched by the government meaning twice as much money goes to help people build businesses and create a better future.
Organiser Janet Terry said: 'We are really excited we can raise twice as much money this year.'
Kate Dixon, fundraising manager at Traidcraft Exchange, said: 'Everyone who holds or attends a 'big brew' event will be helping people learn skills they need to turn their potential into profit.'
You may also want to watch:
For more details, call Janet Terry on 01263834590.
- 1 £20,000 recording studio set to open in market town bank vault
- 2 Gelato and chocolate shop to open two new Norfolk stores
- 3 Prince Philip's humorous Norfolk care home visit remembered
- 4 Couple put up for sale £1.1m barn they saved from demolition
- 5 The Original Factory Shop set to open in Cromer
- 6 Council claws back affordable homes after costly blunder
- 7 Council puts former public toilets on seafront up for rent
- 8 Man taken to hospital after crash near Aylsham
- 9 Election 2021: Norfolk County Council candidates published
- 10 Man denies murder of 42-year-old who was stabbed in neck