Chance to raise twice the money at ‘big brew’ event in north Norfolk
- Credit: Archant
Churches in the Poppyland area of north Norfolk will be putting on the kettle to raise money for the Traidcraft charity during Fairtrade Fortnight.
They will be holding a 'big brew' coffee morning on Saturday, March 10, between 10am and 1pm, at Overstrand Church to support the charity's appeal to help people in developing countries who have the talent and determination to succeed but lack the opportunity.
This year every donation will be matched by the government meaning twice as much money goes to help people build businesses and create a better future.
Organiser Janet Terry said: 'We are really excited we can raise twice as much money this year.'
Kate Dixon, fundraising manager at Traidcraft Exchange, said: 'Everyone who holds or attends a 'big brew' event will be helping people learn skills they need to turn their potential into profit.'
For more details, call Janet Terry on 01263834590.
- 1 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 2 Security fears raised over Badersfield asylum seeker plan
- 3 'A coffee shop was a childhood dream' - Q&A with Mel Benns
- 4 5 TV shows and films shot in Norfolk getting released in 2022
- 5 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 6 Siberian dogs are finding new Norfolk homes thanks to three animal lovers
- 7 Bid to open glampsite in north Norfolk meadow
- 8 Bid to change use of north Norfolk B&B to residential home
- 9 Arrive by boat at new Norfolk wedding venue
- 10 The most beautiful places to live in Norfolk - according to estate agents