Norfolk brewers offer taste test to win votes
- Credit: Archant
Two Norfolk brewers are competing to be named a locally-sourced hero for their region.
There are just two weeks left for shoppers to cast their votes for the Norfolk Brewhouse or Woodforde's Brewery to be named the East of England Co-op's Producer of the Year.
The pair are now set to ramp up the competition with an event at Norwich's University of East Anglia designed to encourage the public to taste their products and pick a winner.
This will take place on February 12 at The Hive between 11am and 3.30pm and there will be a competition to win a hamper of beer on the day.
Master brewer Neil Bain from Woodforde's Brewery, based at Woodbastwick, said: 'All we can hope is that the passion and attention to detail that we bestow on our products will be recognised by the people of Norfolk.'
David Holliday, who runs The Norfolk Brewhouse in Hindringham with his wife Rachel, said: 'Global domination is not on the agenda. Our passion is being a small local producer.'
The pair are two of six finalists from across the East – joining two companies from Essex and two from Suffolk who are also vying for public votes.
- 1 'Amazing' display of cascading poppies now on display in Cromer
- 2 Landlord appeals against fine for 'excess cold and electrical hazards'
- 3 North Walsham 'Live Aid' legend calls it a day after 17 years
- 4 Business park plan could bring 14 new jobs to North Walsham
- 5 More details revealed on replacement for beloved coastal railway
- 6 First look inside: New deli and surf shop open on coast
- 7 Morgan the model moggie raises £1,000s for other animals
- 8 The north Norfolk roads closing for the Queen's Jubilee
- 9 How north Norfolk will be celebrating the Jubilee
- 10 Cafe and shop along Norfolk Broads up for sale with 'rare opportunity'
Voting runs until February 21. One winner will be picked from each county, before a panel of food and farming experts will judge who will be crowned overall champion.
Roger Grosvenor, Joint Chief Executive at the East of England Co-op, said: 'This will be a fascinating battle between two remarkable brewers. While The Norfolk Brewhouse claim to love Norfolk so much they put the county name on every bottle, Woodforde's is Norfolk's largest brewery, which already boast 133 awards for their beer.'
Those who vote will have a chance to win £500 of vouchers to use in East of England Co-op stores.
To find out more and to vote, visit www.eastofengland.coop/poty2019