Charity pub quiz raises more than £1800 for playground equipment
- Credit: Archant
Nimble-witted customers at Sheringham's Crown Inn have raised £1870 for their local playground, by holding a weekly quiz and raffle.
Organised by a team led by pub regular Bill Hartland, the long-running quiz supports a different local charity each year.
Proceeds will this year go to Sheringham Playpark Revamp appeal, which is raising funds for an inclusive roundabout.
The group, which has raised thousands for new equipment since being launched by a team of parents in 2012, organises events including fun days, cake sales and an annual Easter bonnet parade.
Thanking Crown staff and customers for their support, committee member Emma White said: 'We were thrilled to hear that we had been nominated to benefit from the Crown's quizzes and we were overwhelmed by the amount raised.'
You may also want to watch:
Sheringham Playpark Revamp Easter bonnet parade will run from 2pm-4pm at Otterndorf Green on April 20. The parade sets off at 3pm.
- 1 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 2 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 3 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 4 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 5 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 6 Stunning north Norfolk images shared to mark Norfolk Day
- 7 Classic Ibiza setlist for Blickling Estate revealed
- 8 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 9 Inquest opens into death of teenager found in his home
- 10 Dog boutique to celebrate second birthday with treats for pooches