Charity launches children's clothes scheme
Ed FossA new service for families in the North Walsham area will offer clothes and equipment for babies and young children at bargain prices.The Kidstore service will be launched at the North Walsham branch of Sainsbury's on Friday.Ed Foss
A new service for families in the North Walsham area will offer clothes and equipment for babies and young children at bargain prices.
The Kidstore service will be launched at the North Walsham branch of Sainsbury's on Friday.
Created by the Benjamin Foundation, a charity which helps people with issues from childcare to homelessness, the service is also being backed by the Sainsbury's branch, which has chosen the Benjamin Foundation as its charity of the year.
The actual base for the Kidstore is the North Walsham Junior School site, next door to the Kidzone after-school club and opposite the Surestart Children's Centre.
You may also want to watch:
The shop is open for buying or dropping off donations at the following times: Wednesday 1pm to 4pm, Thursday 9am to noon and Friday 1pm to 4pm.
It has been open since September offering new and nearly new goods, but Friday sees an official launch at the supermarket from 5pm to 8pm, when shoppers will be able to find out more, including seeing a selection of the items on offer and meeting some of the staff and volunteers involved.
- 1 Wartime spirit fills north Norfolk as 1940s weekend returns
- 2 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 3 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 4 7 of the prettiest streets in Norfolk
- 5 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 6 WATCH: Pigs root out Second World War bomb
- 7 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 8 'Pass slow and wide' horse procession held in north Norfolk
- 9 In pictures: Marvellous costumes at previous 1940s festivals
- 10 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
There will also be the opportunity to find out about volunteering at Kidstore and to drop off donations of good quality new or used items for babies and children aged up to 12 years.
Teresa Turner, play work manager at the Benjamin Foundation, said: 'We're so grateful to everyone who has put so much hard work into getting Kidstore up and running and for the wonderful donations we've already received.
'But we'd like to appeal to all parents to think of us when they're having a clear out as we want to maintain a healthy level of stock for our customers.'
All funds raised by Kidstore will go to support the work of the Benjamin Foundation.